- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
- Ability to verify data by working closely with Network Engineers, Crime Camera Engineers, Software Developers, DBAs, Project Managers and project stakeholders
- Ability to create and maintain templates and electronic forms
- Collects and organizes information required for preparation of user's manuals, training materials, installation guides, proposals, and reports and technical drawings.
- Edits functional descriptions, standard operating procedures (SOPs), system specifications, user manuals, special reports, drawings, or any other customer deliverables and documents.
- Has specialized experience that includes preparing technical documentation, which is to include researching for applicable government and industry documentation standards.
- Gathers, analyzes, and composes technical information.
- Conducts research and ensures the use of proper technical terminology.
- Translates technical information into clear, readable documents to be used by technical and non-technical personnel.
- Writes technical reports, brochures, and/or manuals for internal documentation, customer reference, or publications.
- Monitors system changes to ascertain effects on system documentation.
- Verifies documentation with related departments.
- May coordinate the production and distribution of material.
- Responsible for monthly reports
- Able to capture meeting minutes
Education and Years of Experience:
- 5 - 10 years in the Technical Writing field.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Writes a variety of technical articles, reports, brochures, and/or manuals for documentation for a wide range of uses.
- Coordinates the display of graphics and the production of the document.
- Ensures content is of high quality and conforms to standards.
- 6-8 yrs writing a variety of technical instruction manuals and how-to guides
- 6-8 yrs writing design specs for complex systems
- 6-10 yrs expertise and support of MS Office and Visio
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience
- Expert level experience working with Microsoft Office Suite, (including Visio and Adobe Professional)
- Familiarity with network engineering.
- Familiarity with data center configuration diagrams.
- Familiarity with the SDLC.
- Familiarity with the software development process.
- Experience in technical writing of system documentation
- Ability to detail and diagram the flow of network/data connections from end to end in a LAN and WAN environment.
- SharePoint experience
- MS Project experience
- Google Docs experience