Google engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. As a member of an extraordinarily creative, motivated and talented team, you develop new products that are used by millions of people. We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward. If you get excited about building new things and aren't daunted by the challenge of building something from scratch, then our team might be your next career step.
Join the team that made Tilt Brush, and help create immersive experiences, beautiful art, and new mediums. The Daydream team at Google is a fast-moving group of designers, engineers, PMs and research scientists, tasked with building the foundations for immersive computing, developing best-in-class VR/AR apps and prototyping novel, delightful user experiences.
As a Technical/VFX Artist, you'll develop technologies and assets in concert with Unity and other engines to build ground breaking, polished, immersive experiences. You will also work with researchers, designers and engineers to build functional prototypes out of new concepts and turn successful prototypes into production ready experiences with robust, cross-platform, implementations.
Please include URLs for an online portfolio in addition to resume demonstrating visual and artistic skill.
One of the many reasons Google consistently brings innovative, world-changing products to market is because of the collaborative work we do in Product Management. With eyes focused squarely on the future, our team works closely with creative and prolific engineers to help design and develop technologies that improve access to the world's information. We're responsible for guiding products throughout the execution cycle, focusing specifically on analyzing, positioning, packaging, promoting and tailoring our solutions to all the markets where Google does business.
Create 2D and 3D content including particles, shaders, textures, models, lighting/lightmaps and animation where necessary. Build VR and AR features for existing applications and prototype new ones. Work with the Art and Engineering teams to make sure VR/AR applications achieve their performance goals. Find innovative solutions and techniques to assure those assets achieve a locked high frame rate. Support diverse clients, including small footprintmobiledevices.
- 3 years of experience working in game development or other real time entertainment.
- Experience in collaborating and working with cross-functional and international teams.
- Portfolio of work demonstrating visual design and art direction skills and principles for consumer-facing products.
- Scripting experience including Python, PyMEL, MEL script and Lua.
- Experience creating 3D visuals including; particles, lighting, atmospherics, post processing, and/or shaders where necessary.
- Experience in game development and with both high end (desktop) rendering engines and 3D mobile rendering engines.
- Unity experience creating tools, plugins, scripts, editor debug and asset import tools, integrating additional libraries and external plugins.
- Passion for virtual reality and the future of 3D content creation.