We are looking for Technical UX Project Manager for our client in Malden, MA
Job Title: Technical UX Project Manager
Job Location: Malden, MA
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- The client is seeking a Technical Project Manager to oversee a multi-person engagement team responsible for enhancing the Consumer Education Portal.
- The Consumer Education Portal will be a single portal designed to provide consumers (parents, students, and teachers) with a seamless and successful experience in finding education related information.
In this role you will:
- Manage UI/UX projects to align with scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Produce UX readback artifacts (question boards, workflow diagrams, wireframes, role/persona matrices, etc.)
- Simplify the retrieval of education information for consumers
- Ensure a common experience whether searching for child care options, schools near you that provide a desired service, or seeking financial aid for college
- Enhance the existing portal to include options for parents searching for elementary and secondary educational resources with significant filters and options
- Implement smart searches for available resources related to demographic characteristics.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Assist in the development of functional requirements
- Define technical solutions based on functional requirements for each project
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Manage projects through the application of generally accepted project management principles, based in PMI disciplines
- Manage the project scope, including the creation of quality business requirements,
- Manage the project budget, including assistance with the business case, project estimates, and management to the approved spend
- Work and coordinate with multiple project teams and vendors
- Experience leading a development team to deliver software applications
- Experience in leading UX Design projects
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or similar preferred
- 10+ years experience managing software development projects; experience in web design enhancement projects preferred
- Experience in developing data conversions, interfaces, complex reports/extracts, and workflow
- Desire to play a significant hands-on role in increasing access to Commonwealth education information and services
- Proven comprehension of web application technology and ability to speak and understand in technical terms
- Experience working in Scrum or Agile environments
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies; UX experiencepreferred
- Ability to apply project management knowledge to real world scenarios
- Experience delivering large complex data solutions;
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Minimum of ten years of Project Managerexperience leading technology software development projects in large, complex development environments with multiple types of development platforms
- Awareness of CMM and Six Sigma Methodologies and Standards
- Ability to develop strong client relationships
- PMP certification required
- Ability to distill complex government services into a simple, understandable workflow for the constituents
- Understanding of UX design principles
- Experience working in State or Federal Government and working knowledge of contracting, funding, etc.
- AWS or Cloud experience
- Educational background, preferably in the fields of computer science
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Experience in application development, systems administration/engineering or other technical discipline
- Strong risk management skills