Having a job, a career, a passion is fantastic, a dream come true. But would you agree that a major challenge of working is getting TO work? Too many cars, congested freeways, under-serving public transportation, and a lack of information to help us figure out how to get where we want to go faster, easier, cheaper are all problems looking for solutions.
Want to be part of the solution?
Intelligenttransportation is one of the fastest growing industries today, and CubicTransportation Systems is at the heart of it. We are looking for softwaredevelopers and engineers with the imagination and drive to help regionaltransportation providers give their customers actionable data andinfrastructure to make informed choices about what mode oftravel to use at a particular time, includingmobile apps andother wireless devices. The future oftransportation payment is in our hands – and it’smobileand wireless. “
The Technical Training Manager provides leadership and direction to the Engineering Services Department. Manages technical writers, editors, graphic artists, and training specialists in the creation and editing of technical manuals, training materials, and organizes and supervises the training at customer sites. This position typically works under limited supervision and direction. Incumbents in this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in technical proposal writing and provide budget input for training, documentation, and technical editing services.
- Determines contractual requirements for training and documentation and documentation in RTM.
- Develops and manages budget and schedule for task accomplishment.
- Assigns staff writing, training and editingresponsibilities.
- Writes/Edits technical documentation and training materials.
- Provides project status to Program Manager, scheduling and senior management.
- Monitors man-loading requirements.
- Promotes and develop staff training program.
- Manages the preparation of a training plan and training procedures based on the design parameters to be verified in the RTM.
- Ensures that training is conducted in accordance with the requirements and that all discrepancies are documented.
- Organizes, formats, writes, edits, and proofreads customer documentation.
- Develops standards and defines procedures that ensure documentation meets contractual obligations and adheres to quality standards.
- Provides training and documentation input for technical proposals.
- Works with Program Managers and scheduling department to develop delivery schedules.
- Provides technical writing, technical editing and word processing support for company-wide efforts.
- Organizes department skills training and development.
- Ensures proper verification of discrepancies.
- Reviews process and quality level of work.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Four-year college degree in Information Systems/Computer Science, MCSE preferred, plus a minimum of eight years’ experience as a technical writer or technical trainer. Management experiencepreferred. Minimum three years experience with word processing and spreadsheet applications (Word Perfect, Word, Excel, etc.). Ability to use/learn graphic drawing applications (Visio, AutoCAD, etc.). Must be available for travel.