We are currently seeking a US-based Manager for our Technical Training Development team to drive the development of next generation enterprise cyber-security products training. The Technical Training Development Manager will be part of Forcepoint Global Learning Services Organization and will serve as the leader of a growing team of Technical Training Developers pushing the envelope on rapid courseware development. In your role, you will build and manage a proactive and collaborative relationship with Forcepoint product managers and business stakeholders to understand the product lifecycle and plan for training needs related to new product introductions and updates. You will use your leadership, project management and instructional design skills to guide your team as you develop modern and engaging training across multiple delivery modalities that meets the competency development needs of our employees, customers, and partners.
To be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate strong relationship management, team leadership and program management skills, and instructional design and development expertise.
Key Performance Areas
- Align the Forcepoint “Human Point” strategy within the development of new training content to ensure that students understand how the Human Point strategy is realized in our products and solutions.
- Work with a team of Learning Program Managers and to understand the learning needs of their unique audience and ensure that these needs are addressed in the training that is created by your team.
- Facilitate the development of technical training content using the skillful application of adult learning theory to ensure learning outcomes are achieved.
- Draw upon a wide variety of learning techniques to ensure engagement, knowledge transfer, and skill development which positively impact performance.
- Lead the adaptation of materials created for the classroom to new training approaches including e-learning, mobile and social tools.
- Define training development programs that use rapid design approaches and multiple delivery modalities (virtual, classroom, labs, e-learning, and multi-media) that best suit stakeholder needs.
- Lead all aspects of the Forcepoint training development team to include:
- The creation and maintenance of tools, processes, templates and standard procedures necessary to support the maintenance and development of Forcepoint Product training
- The recruiting, development and retention of the global team of training content developers
- The creation of training roadmaps for all supported product lines
- The management of the portfolio of training development projects from inception to design, to production and release
- The definition of metrics and KPIs related to the effectiveness of the training development team
- Partner with Product Management and Engineering teams to develop training support both pre and post product launch activities.
- Partner with the Training Delivery team to select, design and deploy appropriate mechanisms to evaluate the effectiveness of training content and drive improvements where required.
- Provide information and data to support the development of global training programs and budgets.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 5+ years of experience in the corporate training space, specifically in the management of all phases of the training development process including: Analysis, Learning Objectives, Design, Development, Publishing and Maintenance for enterprise software in support of a global software or cybersecurity company
- Certification and/or proven experience in Instruction Design
- Experience managing and working with global technical content development teams in a fast-paced and innovative environment
- Demonstrated understanding of the unique requirements required to build competencies in cybersecuritysoftware products, appliances, and cloud environments
- Proven track record of effective Learning Program management
- Experience designing and developing course content using different learning modalities, including eLearning, microlearning, instructor-led training, etc.
- Demonstrated thought-leadership in providing consumable, relevant training to learners at the time and place the learner requires it
- Demonstrated aptitude to design and rapidly develop training content for a technical audience including customers, professional services, technical support, or pre-sales
- Experience using courseware development tools (e.g, Articulate Storyline, Captivate, Camtasia and Microsoft Office applications)
- Experience managing complex lab setups and lab development
- Demonstrated experience assessing and measuring the success of learning programs and using data to improve and enhance future learning programs
- Experience tying learning program objectives to corporate objectives to prove return on investment (ROI) of training
- Proven ability to create certification structures and programs for role-based technical competency assessments
- Outstanding professional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong desire for continuous improvement
- Collaborative and flexible work style
- Quick and curious learner
- Organized with a strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to self-manage and independently deliver results