- Responsible for employee training and development programs including safety compliance, technical competency training, and the manufacturing technology summer camp.
- Manages the technical training lab by ensuring STIHL has the most appropriate equipment to facilitate the training strategy. Partners with management and Talent Development Supervisor to determine what equipment is appropriate
- Develops and manages relationships with technical training vendors and consultants on training needs. Assists with procurement and curriculum development that meet company requirements.
- Coordinates and maintains the training schedule and training rooms, including correspondence with instructors, preparing room resources, making catering arrangements, and inviting all attendees.
- Assists Talent Development Supervisor with employee development programs such as the Apprenticeship and Co-op programs.
- Participates on various Human Resources project teams to develop new initiatives and programs aimed at improving organizational and employee effectiveness.
- Assists in analyzing budget accounts, monthly reports, training metrics, and training records for accuracy.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree is expected, preferably in a Technical, Mechanical, Engineering or Learning & Development area; candidates without a degree but with 8+ years of relevant education and training experience will still be considered.
- A minimum of 2+ years of recent technical training experience (manufacturing, robotics, engineering, mechatronics etc.) involving curriculum development, needs identification, implementation & evaluation of programs etc.
- Knowledge of learning and development principles and practices, adult learning theory, curriculum design, needs assessment and evaluation methodology. Familiarity with current and emerging trends in learning design and development.
- Demonstrated success with a variety of training methods such as classroom training, on-the-job training, eLearning, and or workshops.
- Excellent verbal/written/presentation communication skills at all levels are paramount for this position
- Proficiency with MS Office programs is required; experience with other training or related programs is a plus.
- Demonstrated project management and prioritization skills with the ability to multitask and adapt.