We are looking for a tooling design leader who will work with cross functional groups to conceptualize, develop prototypes, test and perfect/enhance tooling designs and products.
The position offers competitive salary and benefits that include PTO, health, dental, vision, Life AD&D insurance, 401K and a bonus incentive.
- Collaborating with the New Product Development team to design new and improve existing cutting tools to help drive new product sales growth
- Providing tooling solutions for the Sales team to offer to millwork manufacturing customers.
- Creating customer concept approval drawings of tools and detail prints for vendors to create the products.
- Managing and maintaining an organized library of thousands of tooling drawings.
- Working with overseas tooling factories to improve tooling designs, tolerances and resolve quality problems.
- Performing material inspections and tests for dimensional tolerance, chemical composition, hardness, etc.
- Providing prompt technical support and intelligent tooling solutions to solve customer problems.
- Design & Development ? must have at least 4years experience designing and working withindustrial woodworking cutting tools; Metallurgist or Mechanical Engineer background, preferred
- Tooling Products ?experience with wood moulders, production planer machinery and knife grinding; must possess an understanding of wood cutting tool geometry and properties of metal grades and heat treatment
- CAD Tools ? must be skilled at creating CAD customer concept and manufacturing drawings in AutoDesk 2D/3D
- Soft Skills ? must possess personal and business integrity with an energetic style demonstrated by a positive attitude and a strong work ethic; must be a collaborative and engaging team member who works well with Sales staff, Customers, Vendors and Production crew; must have excellent communication, time management and organizational skills