As the Technical Team Lead, you will be part of a Managed Services team at Onit that is building and configuring custom applications for F500 clients. There will be a dedicated team of both onshore and offshore resources that you will lead to build out custom workflow solutions. As a team lead, you will work with internal business, quality, training, IT partner groups, business users and external vendors in the definition of the Scope of Work, business requirements and prioritization.
This job requires you to combine your expert product knowledge with the demands of the client groups to ensure value add and long-term customer retention. You will have a mix of technical skills, deliver high-value service, project management experience, teamwork, and a do what it takes approach.
- Partner with the Business and Technology teams to estimate, plan and execute projects, ensuring that your team has appropriate design and technical specifications to deliver high quality products.
- Mentor all aspects of application development from initial conception/delivery through continuous improvement of deployed solutions via an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Support, evangelize and contribute to the continual evolution of the Product vision and overall road map.
- Be reliable, self-motivated, and focused on high quality delivery of work products and willing to accept responsibility and accountability.
- Assist staff in resolving highly complex technical problems.
- Conduct research on new technologies and evolve existing applications and architecture accordingly in alignment with our Payment Services Architecture team.
- Oversee the roll out and consumption of new technologies. Provide technical guidance to software team members. Work closely with management to ensure a smooth delivery/transition process.
- Demonstrate an extreme willingness to stay highly hands on in design and implementation of web based solutions.
- Increase overall code, product, design and quality in the Reporting team.
- Integrate our Security first and proactive audit/compliance mindset into the team.
- Actively contributes to the department's developer community to support technical initiatives and provides input into best practices.
- Maintains highly available systems. Ensures all projects and releases are appropriately tested and risks are mitigated.
- Delivers technology solutions that support our business goals. Partners with management, architects, and product owners to understand requirements, evaluating the features to prepare applications specifications into workable technical solutions
- 5+ years of overall technology / development experience.
- Agile/Scrum experience is preferred
- Proven experience of being involved in the delivery and implementation of business critical projects of large scope and technical complexity.
- Strong leadership, project management, time management and problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to command large audiences and management stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle and business acumen.
- Experience with Scrum methodology and Agile development practices.
- Understanding of testing frameworks and software quality assurance methods.
- Understanding of PAAS and cloud-based architecture is preferred
- Ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines.
- Be passionate about delivering quality, world-class solutions for your business partners and stakeholders/customers of our Company.
- Possess a proven history of innovation in a fast-paced environment and the ability to thrive in an environment of constant change.
- Experience in the business process ecosystem a plus.
- Experience in supporting and working within virtual or remote teams.
- Strong communication skills including a high command of verbal and written English.
- Ability to travel as needed. Less than 30% annually. Upon joining initial travel might be required to learn the platform and application build environment