Technical Support / Trainer - Mining
Blue Line Talent is looking for a high performing engineering product Technical Support / Training professional with experience in support of mining equipment. This is a direct hire opportunity supporting the northeast US. Work remotely/from home when not traveling (~70) to client sites in the N.E. region of the US. Enjoy career mobility with this large global engineering organization.
Position: Technical Support (Engineering Training/Product Support) - Northeast USA
• A worldwide leader in engineering services
• Comprehensive benefits include competitive base + bonus + 401(k) matching
Competitive healthcare options, flexible work schedules, tuition reimbursement, and much more!
• Provide technical support to distributors and end customers for mining industry products and services
• Effectively communicate parts, product and service bulletins
• Ensure all required product updates are completed by assigned distributors in a timely manner
• Verify that all delivery & acceptance, commissioning, warranty registration and product warranty processes are completed by distributors
• Ensure prompt resolution to technical support related issues
• Produce reports and activity summaries according to line management requirements
• Provide supervision to distributors ensuring timely actions, reports and coordination of warranty claims
• Provide technical training for distributor personnel, in coordination with training department
• Communicate with all levels of company, internally and externally with direct sales and service, distributors and customers
• Ensure timely responses are made to direct sales and service, distributors, and end users
• Engage in problem solving opportunities, take ownership through to timely resolution
• Regularly visit and supervise performance of assigned distributors
• Validate and respond to distributor’s warranty needs, concerns and/or issues
• Support company and distributor customer service personnel in parts identification when required
• Frequent weekday travel is required, up to 70%, as needed, including mostly regional US, some other domestic and international
• 4+ years applicable engineering product technical support and/or training experience
• Experience reading and interpreting engineering drawings and schematics
• Some experience working with mining equipment, particularly grinding mills, crushers, etc.
• Solid knowledge base in the mining industry
• Must be actively engaged to resolve technical issues in timely manner
• Solid personal computer skills, including Microsoft Office products
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Strong desire to learn and to teach others
• Must be autonomous, work with minimum supervision
• Self-motivated professional that works equally well in a team / independent project environment
• Ability to travel up to 70%, including mostly regional northeast US with some other US and international, as required
• A stable record of full time direct employment
• BS in in Engineering
• Other mining equipment - mills, conveyors, loaders, linings, etc.
• Exposure to mining equipment maintenance, repair, upgrades, and operation.
• This person can work from any northeast US regional location within 1.5 hours to a major airport
• Work remotely/from home when not traveling to customer / company sites
• Weekday travel will primarily be in the northeast US with some other US and some international
• Company car is provided for regional travel
• Not available for Corp-to-Corp, no third parties please