About the Position
You are in a pivotal role on a rapidly growing team on the forefront of network security. Your Technical background and passion for leadership will give you the foundation you need to succeed in this very important role. On a typical day, you will provide guidance and support to the Technicians on your team, so that they may support WatchGuard customers and Partner's to the best of their ability. Most days are fast-paced and challenging, so your ability to multitask between customer and employee requests, will be crucial to ensuring success. You will utilize your creativity and passion for customer success to motivate your team to meet and exceed department/regional goals. You will work with global Team Leads to manage production queues and phone lines 24x7, and will raise the flag for manager assistance, when needed. You will participate in department projects but may also work on individual tasks assigned by managers, directors, or VP's. Your dedication to mentoring & coaching of your Technicians will create an atmosphere of positivity, and productivity.
- Primarily responsible for assisting Managers with the day-to-day operation of Technical Support Teams within the department, and locally
- Work with global management team to ensure WatchGuard customers and Partners are Supported via phone, and online web portal, 24x7.
- Work with global management team to develop and implement processes, training programs, and tools which help increase the effectiveness of the Technicians in the department.
- Provide effective mentoring (professional and technical), relay all feedback (positive and negative), and coach (in outside of the box ways) team members towards exceeding production goals
- Provide training to new hires on department processes and procedures, as well as training Technicians who are in new roles, after receiving promotions
- Manage or process customer support cases as needed, escalating appropriately for the benefit of the customer, depending situation and priority
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to work a non-standard shift (example: 4x10 and/or starting at 12PM local time or after)
- Excellent communication both written and verbal as well as excellent organizational skills.
- Familiarity with modern security protocols used by WatchGuard customers
- Strong knowledge of basic TCP/IP networking and WAN protocols such as PPP (including PPPoE), DHCP, Frame Relay, etc.
- Understanding of Linux/Unix OS, Macintosh, Microsoft applications, Active Directory/LDAP and protocols like SMTP, HTTP, FTP, SIP
- Ability to learn new products and technologies quickly, and a desire to professionally develop technical knowledge and enhance leadership skills
- 2+ years technical support experience required
- Degree in IT or Computer Science preferred, equivalent professional certifications or experience considered
- Management or Leadership skills, relevant work experience considered
- Worldwide travel (US, Europe, Mexico) to remote offices for training purposes
- Ability to obtain a valid Passport required