The Factory Systems Specialist is the subject matter expert and single point of contact for the overall IT function, including all IT infrastructure (workstations, servers, printers, networks, phones, mobile devices, etc.) and software used on site at the location.
Although routine and general infrastructure support is be provided by GLOBE IS/IT through the Nestlé Service Desk, the Factory Systems Specialist maintains overall responsibility for the successful operations at the assigned location and coordinates with GLOBE IS/IT on issues that fall outside the normal process and for escalations through the Service Desk.
In addition, site-specific systems that have no external escalation point are the sole responsibility of the Factory ITC. The incumbent also provides technical project management for newtechnology implementations, coordinating between the factory teams and the LGO or GLOBE IS/IT asrequired, and acts as the on-site expert for top-down market and GLOBE initiatives.
SUPPORT & MAINTENANCE:
- Ensure all business-critical production floor and warehouse systems are efficiently maintained and operating successfully to meet the demands of the business.
- Provide support for all IT hardware and software within the facility.
- Manage support escalations with GLOBE IS/IT via the Nestlé Service Desk and act as liaison between factory staff and GLOBE IS/IT.
- Perform PC workstation deployment, upgrades, re-imaging, and break/fix support.
- Manage and maintain facility PBX/Voicemail system.
- Provide mobile device support and coordinate vendor support as needed.
- Provide audio/video and video conferencing system support.
- Responsible for backup tape rotation/storage, and review of system backup logs.
- Maintain equipment inventories, including a quarterly physical inventory of all IT equipment.
- Monitor Factory Automation Systems to ensure maintenance is performance for maximum uptime.
- Ensure compliance with all Nestlé IT, Engineering and Manufacturing policies.
- Assist in budgeting capital for PC workstations, printers, and other IT equipment.
- Assist in budgeting operating expenses related to potential projects within the factory.
- Coordinate purchasing and installation activities for PC, Printer, Server and otherinfrastructure related solutions.
- Maintain documentation of Standard Operating Procedures for factory technology systems and physical network layout.
- Support IT portion of factory audits, including inventories and procedures.
- Acts as primary contact/point person for project management and implementation efforts for all factory projects that require IT infrastructure.
- Provide project management and leadership for LGO and GLOBE IS/IT top-down projects, acting as a single point of contact for rollout of new and upgraded systems.
- Coordinate system upgrades, including hardware and software version upgrades.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Certified Network Engineer (CNE), Certified Network Administrator (CNA), Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), or A+ credentials preferred.
- 4+ years of experience as a system administrator in Windows operating systems, Active Directory, MS Office, and MS Exchange/Outlook and a strong background in troubleshooting and supporting workstation issues.
- 2+ years of experiencetroubleshooting and supporting PC laptop and desktop hardware.
- 2+ years of hands on network administration experience, preferably with Cisco-based infrastructure.
- 2+ years of experience working with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience supporting MS Access databases.
- Experience working with industrialengineering or manufacturing environment.
- Experience with project management in a large-scale environment.
- Experience with budget planning.
- Strong working knowledge of PC hardware, Windows OS, Windows applications, & networking.
- Mechanical/technical aptitude, excellent technical troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Customer service orientation with strong interpersonal skills, able to manage customer expectations.
- Demonstrates initiative and sets high personal standards of performance; maintains a consistent, high level of productivity. Highly organized and detail oriented with excellent time management.
- Excellent communication skills, including written communication, ability to develop technical documentation. Ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Experience creating IT training materials and delivering training to all levels of personnel with varying technical aptitude.
- Dependable and predictable (on time, ready to work).
- Ability to drive results by coordinating efforts between varied teams who have different management and reporting structures, and possibly widely varying priorities.