"We are honored to be elected as one of America's best midsized employers. The Forbes ranking, based on employee recommendations, recognizes our efforts to be the employer of choice in the financialtechnology industry," said Bill Stone, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, SS&C Technologies. “This ranking confirms our relentless focus putting our customers and people first. Our team is our competitive advantage and our most valuable asset. We appreciate the contributions of our 8,000 employees around the world responsible for driving our innovation and success.”
Forbes recognizes top employers based on employee opinions on six key drivers: atmosphere, image, workplace, conditions, compensation, and diversity. SS&C was ranked as above average for five of these drivers within the IT, Internet, Software & Services industry. The annual ranking conducted by Forbes in collaboration with independent, statistics provider Statista surveyed 30,000 American employees working at companies with at least 1,000 employees. Participants were asked anonymously through online panels whether they would recommend their employer or other employers in their industry to a potential employee.
About SS&C Technologies
SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial software-enabled services and software for the global financial services industry. Founded in 1986, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has offices around the world. Some 11,000 financial services organizations, from the world’s largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C’s products and services.
Technical Support Specialist
We are seeking a professional, client service oriented, individual to perform technical changes (transition work) and second/third line technical support for HiPortfolio and Anova application deployments in our hosted and managed environments.
The individual will be working closely with other technical resources in global locations, and with a global operations team, to ensure that the hosted and managed services meet contracted service levels.
ESSENTIAL DAY-TO-DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Technical Support Duties:
1.Technical aspects of onboarding
- Coordinate data center activities around infrastructure specification and provision
- Application technical installations
- Build and deploy orchestration and scripting
- Establish service framework
- Hand over to operations teams
- Technical documentation
2.Technical Service Support
- Technical support of application environments (production and test)
- Problem and Incident resolution
- Engagement with data center teams and other technical teams
- DR test management
- Release deployment management
- Adhere to change control procedures
Technical Operational Support coverage 10:00AM CST – 6:00PM CST
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in an IT related field preferred, Finance/Accounting experience a plus
Required Skills (must have), necessary industry experience and associated number of years of experience:
- Hands on UNIX/Linux system admin experience or Windows system admin experience
- Database management or SQL experience
- An understanding of Networking and TCP/IP
- Shell scriptingexperience
- 1-3 years financial services industry experience is a plus.
- ITIL foundation qualification or prior service management experience
- Client facing experience in a technical role
- Previous experience working in a J2EE environment