??We are looking for Technical Support for our client in Seattle, WA
Job Title: Technical Support
Job Location: Seattle, WA
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- Under general direction of the Service Desk Lead, Helpdesk Temps support the operation of the Helpdesk, which is an integral part of a complex networked computing environment designed to meet the School?s current and emerging IT needs.
- The Helpdesk is the main interface for students, faculty, staff, and other affiliates who are seeking technical assistance. This position represents the Helpdesk in a professional manner and is an example of the best practices of the department.
- The Helpdesk Temp assists in supporting computer applications, provides professional client service, and helps maintain a friendly environment that is conducive to advancing education.
- They assist in resolving technical problems relating to workstations and the use of networked systems. Typical work includes assisting users with log-on errors, printer malfunctions, setup of computers and peripherals, and escalation of more complex problems.
- Working with other Support Desk staff they support our staff and faculty, and support the ongoing mission and strategic plan.
- This position is supervised by the Service Desk Lead, who reports to the Assistant Director of Learning and Information Technologies. Work assignments are directed by the Service Desk Lead to meet the needs of the Service Desk Team.
- Work with the Service Desk Lead and Service Desk Specialists in providing high quality customer service.
- Interact with faculty, staff, and students on the phone, by email, and in person to provide information and resolve technical problems.
- Assist faculty?s use of classroom instructional technologies.
- Create, manage and resolve technical issues in a Helpdesk Ticket Tracking System.
- Learn, deploy, and operate software common to Microsoft Windows and Macintosh operating systems.
- Provide technical assistance and training to Faculty, Staff, and Students one on one.
- Following documented procedures and instructions from Support Specialists, configure, deploy, and support cell phones, tablets, laptops, and other mobile devices.
- One year of experience involving the use of computerized information systems or equivalent education/experience.
- Working knowledge of ModernWindows and Macintosh operating systems and common desktop applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work responsibly with or without direct supervision to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Can work with a wide range of individuals and personalities.
- Good professional written and oral communications skills.
- Willing to learn new software packages and technologies.
- Technical supportexperience in the Higher Education or Medical industry