Wurl enables leading Video Producers (Cable & Broadcast Networks, Digital Studios, etc) create and manage linear channels, live broadcasts and on-demand content for distribution to Connected TV, mobile, PayTV, and OTT platforms around the world. Wurl is based in Palo Alto, CA (HQ) and has offices in Santa Monica, CA as well.
The Technical Support Manager is the first contact point for customers seeking technical support within the Wurl Network. This role will act as Tier 1/Tier 2 support for Video Producers and Video Services within the Wurl Network.
- Act as the first line of technical support for Video Producers and Video Services within the Wurl Network.
- Provide customer support and technical issue resolution regarding the Wurl Scheduler and our streaming services via ticketing system, email, and phone.
- Understand Wurl’s end-to-end workflow to quickly resolve or escalate workflow issues.
- Provide creation of new accounts using provided software tools.
- Communicates in a professional, timely and efficient manner, striving to meet company’s SLA’s.
- Deescalate customers in order to satisfactorily address their support issue.
- Assist the Customer Operations and Sales teams to promote customer success.
- Provide feedback on improvements to Wurl software and services affecting client workflow/production to the Customer Operations and Product teams.
- Build a strong technical understanding of our products and services.
- Learn fundamental operations of supported software, hardware, and other as job requires.
- Work with other team members to propagate knowledge to the entire team.
- This position may require on-call shift and weekend shifts.
Our ideal candidate has directly relevant experience in a similar role and a similar type of company. In addition they should also possess the following skills/traits:
- 5+ years experience in a technical support role, preferably in the digital video delivery space
- Previous experience running a support team
- Experience of ticketing systems and administration, especially ZenDesk and JIRA
- Knowledge of transcoding, video streaming file formats and video codecs
- Strong understanding of video delivery methods such as MRSS, S3 and SFTP
- Knowledge of Closed Caption formats and workflows
- Conversant in 24/7 linear delivery formats such as HLS, MPEG-TS, and RTMP and VOD/Schedule delivery as JSON, XML, MRSS and other standard formats
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational, time management, and problem solving skills
- BA/BS degree or equivalent