The Technical Support Manager (TSM) is responsible for managing all service related activities for Ricoh Family Dealers in a designated area. Activities include but are not limited to: Product Performance, Customer Satisfaction, Ricoh Consumables Marketing, Global Major Account Support, Business Management and Technical Support on the full line of Ricoh Hardware and Software Solution Products. Support is provided on-site or remotely depending on needs and circumstances. TSM collaborates closely with District Business Managers (DBM) and Business Support Manager (BSM) to maintain a solid dealer business relationship; Builds and maintains rapport with dealer management and personnel to gain mind share and grow business partnership. TSM represents Ricoh to the dealer and end users in a variety of situations. Position requires vast industry experience that includes service management and /or supervisory functions; Is viewed as a technical expert with authority on disposition of non-performing equipment to ensure customer satisfaction; Acts as liaison between dealers and Ricoh Technical Services, Ricoh Company Limited and other departments.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Technical Support Manager function includes the following activities. These actions vary depending on the size and scope of the dealer's operation.
- Service Planning
- TSM assists Ricoh Family dealers develop service strategies; Conducts Dealer Service Plan and Reviews to identify service development opportunities; Identifies and provides direction on dealer training needs and implementation plans; Assists in developing service efficiencies to ensure dealer profitability; Supports the development and management of industry benchmarks; Educates dealers on service pricing tools and cost estimation sheets.
- Consumables Marketing Support
- TSM is responsible for marketing Genuine Ricoh consumables to Ricoh Family dealers; Has responsibility for revenue generation in assigned territory; Monitors and ensures that dealers adhere Sole Source Agreement and their commitment to utilize genuine consumables to maximize product performance and customer satisfaction; In conjunction with DBM or BSM, reviews related data reports and meets with Dealer Parts/Supplies and Service Managers to review consumable products performance; Provides guidance regarding supply chain process and procedures.
- Product and Services Marketing Support
- TSM participates in Product Shows, Dealer Open Houses and other marketing support efforts including set up and moving equipment, demonstrating product functionality and discussing company programs.
- Customer Satisfaction
- TSM is responsible for resolving any Customer Satisfaction issues in his assigned area of responsibility; Identifies root cause of problems and creates mitigation plans for customer complaints; Assists in dealer/ end-user conflict resolution; Ensures product performance and customer satisfaction.
- Product Information Distribution
- TSM distributes product information and creates awareness of Ricoh resources, websites, available tools, documentation and other information sources; Conducts technical seminars to augment dealers' expertise including: Technical Troubleshooting, New Product Information, Product Modifications, New Technologies and current trends on hardware and software solutions products.
- Technical Support
- TSM provides on-site technical support on hardware and software solutions products; Researches and identifies solutions to dealer service problems; Assesses product performance and provides improvement recommendations; Acts as liaison between Technical Services and the dealer; Performs information/ fact gathering activities to collect samples and proper documentation of problem escalation to Technical Services; Facilitates strategic technical training.
- Global Major Accounts Support
- TSM ensures Global/Major Accounts' Customer Satisfaction; Routinely conducts Global Major Account Service Audits; Assures Service Level Agreement compliance and use of Genuine Ricoh consumables; Assists in project deployment implementation; Conducts product performance assessments and develops mitigation plans as necessary.
- Warranty Administration
- TSM creates awareness of Ricoh's Warranty policy and procedures; Has authority on disposition of Dealer's Exceptional Warranty claims.
- Other duties and special assignments may be assigned by management.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Certifications)
- Two Year college Degree or Technical/ Military School equivalent
- Service Management/ Supervisory Experience
- CompTIA A+ and Network+ Certifications
- CompTIA CDIA Certification
- Microsoft Certifications
- Certification on full line of Ricoh Products
- Software Solution Products Training
Ricoh is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer -- Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.