The Technical Support Manager will manage a team of technical support staff who are responsible for responding to and resolving customer inquiries. Management of the team will include measuring the performance of support staff against established benchmarks, ensuring all client interactions are handled in an efficient and quality focused manner, and providing coaching and feedback to improve team performance. The Technical Support Manager may also participate in the development of strategic initiatives and will be accountable for the tactical implementation of those initiatives within their teams.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Monitor, oversee and regulate open customer cases throughout the issue lifecycle to ensure compliance with documented service level agreements.
- Identify, highlight, and document best practices in Customer Support through continuous assessment, and recommending process and product recommendations to the leadership team.
- Conduct performance reviews for the team, identifying development opportunities and offering coaching and mentoring in areas that require improvement
- Provide guidance and serve as an escalation point to the team and serve as liaison with other organizations
- Function independently and provide recommend changes to day-to-day operations, standards, policies, and procedures to maintain support capabilities and team morale.
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve customer experience
- Understand and participate in developing financial targets, budgeting, product, and business planning.
- Work closely with other departments (eg. Product development, sales, professional services) to provide feedback, develop processes, and ensure a great customer experience.
- Manage the performance of team against all established tech support benchmarks and metrics
- Conduct regularly scheduled team and one-on-one meetings with direct reports to address employee issues, provide updates regarding performance, and give direction regarding company and department policies and procedures
- Ability to learn proprietary software in effort to provide technical guidance
- Develop and implement tactical plans for achieving strategic initiatives
- Proven experience in incident management
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Schedule flexibility due to 24/7 environment
Skills & Requirements
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in a technical field; Associates with proven work experience
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a technical call center environment; minimum of 2 years’ experience in a customer support management role
- Previous management experience with accountability for budget achievement, personnel management, and departmental performance.
- Possess strong computer knowledge, know-how, and communication skills
- Proven experience with pc/application and/or networktroubleshooting
- Strong customer support skills and ability to manage customer satisfaction
- Proven ability in delivering results in a high-performance customer support organization
- Team oriented and able to build and maintain strong inter-team and inter-departmental relationships
- Ability to train and technically develop team members
- Flexibility and creativity in successfully managing multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to multi-task on several projects and collaborate with groups and customers of various technical skill levels
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction; ability to take initiative on new projects and assignments
- Ability to prioritize projects and escalate issues to the appropriate parties as necessary
- Encourage adherence to process and provide change initiatives when necessary.