Are you looking for a company that cares about people’s lives and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day. We’re currently looking for a Technical Support Manager to join us in our Littleton, MA office.
Let’s inspire healthier lives, together.
The Technical Support Manager will manage and motivate the technical support group, facilitate resolution on escalated calls and work closely with the installation and field service teams to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
As the Technical Support Manager working on the Client Services team, you will be empowered and inspired to do your best work. You will contribute to our mission by providing our customer base with support striving towards improved Customer Satisfaction.. In a typical day, you will:
* Manage the Tech Support Department.
* Oversee the everyday call center and CRM system.
* Monitor and close support cases.
* Serve as the escalation point for critical customer service issues.
* Attend weekly Complaint meetings.
* Travel to customer sites as the escalated technical resource to resolve level III issues.
* Identify customer service trends, determine system improvements and propose changes.
* Assist in deployment of new software releases to customers.
* Work with engineering to install and test new versions of products.
* Report operational achievements and progress to management on a regular basis including statistical analysis and improvement of action plans.
* Follow up with customers to ensure issues have been resolved.
* Maintain a mindset of continuous performance improvement with technical support processes and customer satisfaction.
* Lead resources: coach and counsel, train on Customer skills, evaluate career goals; and perform yearly performance reviews.
* Perform all other essential duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or related technical discipline is required.
* Minimum of 2 years of managing Technical Support center is required.
* Valid Driver’s License required.
* Ability to travel (>25%) and work flexible hours as needed.
* Demonstrated customer focus and ability to instill in others.
* Leadership/Management experience.
* Organizational and prioritization skills.
* Experience with Audio and Video systems, such as cabling, cable termination, video matrix switchers, audio mixers and amplifiers, video conferencing, Networking, server configuration and control systems desirable.
* Good working knowledge of Audio and Video systems. Information Technology background.
* Strong customer service skills.
* Strong leadership and project management skills.
* Solid working knowledge of electronics, personal computer hardware and software, and LAN concepts preferred.
* Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to provide quick resolution to customer issues.
* Must be customer service oriented and believe in teamwork and adaptability.
* Knowledge of statistical techniques, reliability and complaint systems, and regulatory submissions.
* Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
* Ability to properly document technical problems and solutions for customers.
* Experienced user of Microsoft Office tools, including Excel, Word and Power Point.
* Proven ability to work under pressure.
* Ability to articulate technical and user needs in a concise manner easily understood by all.
* Ability to work with field personnel, management and customers.
* Demonstrated decision making ability towards solving problems, and effectively communicate these solutions to co workers and customers.
* Must be a self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
* Strong presentation skills.
* Ability to be a team player.
* Strong Customer Facing skills.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
We realize work isn’t just a job to you.
It’s a big part of your life, but not the only part. That’s why we offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption leave, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks — so you can be ready for where life can take you.
Auto req ID
Olympus America Inc
At Olympus, we put a lot of good back into the world, and what we do really matters. We are committed to making people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling every day by crafting innovative optical and digital solutions in medical technologies, microscopy, industrial solutions, cameras, and audio recorders.
We view our relationship with and commitment to our employees with the same passion. Everything we do at Olympus is a reflection of our vision, and everyone here helps to make it a reality. We’re invested in our employees, great ideas, and how they impact the communities around us. We see the world through multiple lenses and come together to find the right answers; the best solutions.
TRUE TO YOU. TRUE TO SOCIETY. TRUE TO LIFE.
Olympus America Inc
Olympus embraces diversity and inclusion. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policies as well as our values prohibit unlawful discrimination based on an employee's or applicant's race, color, sex, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, genetic information, ancestry, military or veteran status, or any other federal, state or local protected classification. EOE Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled