Technical Support Manager
5 - 7 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
Responsible for the day-to-day operations of one or more teams in a technical support contact center supporting managed services customers. Plans, directs, manages and evaluates team performance to ensure customers are receiving a high level of service. Ensures professional and courteous technical support services are delivered. Promotes a productive and positive relationship with customers. Serves as an escalation point for resolving the most difficult customer issues. Coordinates technical support activities with other internal functions. Makes decisions regarding personnel actions and activities.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees one or more teams of technical supportassociates who handle help desk inquiries and problems via phone and/or email.
- Monitors operations to ensure adherence to service level standards and company/department policies and procedures.
- Ensures adequate phone coverage including making decisions regarding scheduling changes.
- Acts as an escalation point for resolving the most difficult customer issues.
- Evaluates the quality of technical supportassociates’ calls from customers; provides feedback to reps on strengths and areas for improvement.
- Communicates with clients, vendors and other departments to ensure quality service delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for performance appraisals, disciplinary actions, hiring/interviewing, promotions and salary changes.
- Provides coaching and mentoring to technical support supervisors and team leads and occasionally to technical support representatives.
- Approves and implements streamlining opportunities and process improvements.
- Coordinates customer service activities with other internal functions.
- Tracks and reports contact center performance against objectives and goals, i.e., quality, call volume, customer satisfaction, etc.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
High school diploma or GED. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience is preferable.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Considerable knowledge of the company’s products, services and business operations to enable resolution of customer inquiries
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be detail-oriented and customer-driven, focusing on providing the highest quality products and services to FIS internal and external customers
- Ability to lead and manage large teams effectively
- Working knowledge of workforce management practices and tools, e.g., scheduling software, quality monitoring software
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated analytic and root cause analysis skills for process improvement initiatives
- Demonstrates effective people skills and sensitivities when dealing with others
- General skill in the use of MS Office and other standard software applications required to perform the job duties