Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
Team Management & Leadership
- Direct daily operations focused on delivering high quality, proactive customer support, and service.
- Line manage staff, scheduling work assignments, mentoring, and coaching.
- Responsible for performance management of the individuals within the team:
- Monitor team performance against established OKR’s through regular 1:1s.
- Review performance results on a quarterly basis to identify potential areas of improvement.
- Evaluate the team’s individual performances and assist management with the calculation of individual bonuses.
- Drive the team to meet and exceed metrics expectations; understand how to leverage the team to improve outcomes and take action to meet goals.
- Coordinate with the Head of L&S to improve procedures related to identification, prioritization, and resolution of incidents, including the monitoring, tracking, and coordination of help desk functions.
- Allocate and distribute tickets to specific agents on the help desk team.
- Responsible for the monitoring and quality assurance of all tickets and service requests, and making recommendations to streamline existing processes.
- Train and coach employees on processes, workflows, and our support tools and technology to ensure they are followed.
- Handle complex and escalated customer service issues in collaboration with the Escalation Manager.
Drive continuous improvement
- Define and understand the customers’ issues by creating adequate reproduction scenarios (e.g. call scripting scenarios).
- Serve as the liaison between clients, Customer Success, Help Desk, and engineering teams to properly vet potential defects and data errors and help these teams prioritize and understand the impact that the issues are having on clients.
- Constantly evaluate and strengthen quality standards to ensure a high-quality experience for our clients.
- Provide input to the Head of L&S regarding developing and implementing effective service policies and procedures.
Essential experience and skills
- 3-5 years of experience as a Service/Help Desk Manager in a high technology or SaaS development environment, preferably in the e-learning sector.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or comparable degree.
- Understanding of SaaS business models and their overall relationship to Customer Success.
- Enthusiastic about technology with demonstrated technical aptitude.
- Ability to travel with up to 20%, including international travel.
- Passion for customer service and how it can transform businesses.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills when dealing with different stakeholders, from line managers to C levels.
- Proficient level of business acumen across a variety of industries with an ability to communicate and empathize with customers from different verticals.
- Coping well with working under pressure and working with tight deadlines.
- Advanced knowledge of a Help Desk Ticketing system (Zendesk preferred).