Position Overview Description: Oversee the day-to-day function of the Advanced Services Engineer (ASE)support group based in our Plano Technical Support Center. This roll includes the management of a team of engineers who are working on the resolution of customerreported issues. Key Responsibilities:
- Provide first level supervision to a group of Advanced Services Engineers, managing workload, response, resolution and quality.
- Monitor and manage support engineer queues and escalate issues as necessary.
- Onboard new Advanced Services customers.
- Perform routine case reviews and provide feedback.
- Participate in the quality calibration and validation process
- Improve productivity by highlighting deficiencies and recommending changes in methods, processes and tools.
- Monitor and manage operational and customer satisfaction metrics to meet organizational goals.
- Provide input to training and development planning and performance evaluations.
- Manage customer escalations; follow up with customer satisfaction surveys.
- Highlight serious issues and bugs to engineering and escalation teams for resolution.
- Report detailed operational statuses to direct leadership to ensure full functional visibility.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with sales
Job Requirements and Experience:
- Energized by making customers happy and successful
- A passion for collaboration and a deep understanding of the Internet security technology
- Translator between business, technical, and sales people
- Excellent organizational, analytical and negotiation skills
- Phenomenal communication skills are a must for this job
- Driven to create success in a hopeless situation, through brilliant problem solving, communication, and relentless persistence
- Able to perform well in the face of tight deadlines and tough technical and organizational challenges
- Steadfast and calm in explosive situations
- Previous call center experience, preferably supporting data networking products and/or security products is desirable.
- Strong skills both written and verbal.
- At least 2+ years of support management experience.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- At least 2+ years experience with direct customer interaction, preferably in a supervisory role.
- At least 2+ years experience in a technical support role in a networking/security company or equivalent education
- Troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field, or an equivalent combination of training and experience is desirable.