Lenovo, a member of the Fortune Global 500, is the fastest growing technology company onthe planet, with growth outpacing our competition quarter after quarter and we’re growing!
The Lenovo DCG Services Technical Support Engineer is a critical member of the Lenovo DCG Services Delivery team. Strong technical skills, complex problem collaboration skills, as well as outstanding customer support and professional communications skills are essential to ensuring the best possible customer experience while resolving a high percentage of customer incidents. Technical Support Engineers must resolve the most complex customer problems, oftencollaborating with OEM software and hardware Level 3 support teams.
DCG Services Technical Support Engineers must be experienced remote support agents, having strong technical troubleshooting skills in networking, storage, and Operating Systems. Industry leading certifications, with comprehensive server software problem resolution skills for major OEM server operating system software and hypervisors, as well as sophisticated hardware tuning, configuration, and performance management skills are required. Strong network infrastructure and security skills are also required. Excellent language, customer issue handling, and communications skills are essential to this position. Candidates may undergo a detailed interview process consisting of technical scenarios, customer skill vetting, as well as role play interviewing and hands-on problem recreation and problem resolution testing.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
• Creative, innovative problem solver
• Passionate, dedicated customer advocate
• Lifelong learner
• Sensitive to working with multi-cultural, multi-ethic, globally dispersed co-workers and customers
• Comfortable working in a global, follow-the-sun, 24x7 support environment
• Comfortable leading conference calls, team meetings and/or leading demonstrations as needed
• Able and willing to travel to customer locations
• Desire to mentor others and share knowledge
• Works well independently or on a team
• Able to respond to shifting priorities and customer demands
• Serve as Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for DCG hardware and software errors
• Resolve complex configurations/installations by working with other vendors, partners and internal Lenovo teams
• Create a World-class customer service experience
• Maintain outstanding customer satisfaction scores and superior soft skills
• Accurately manage problem severity levels, set customer expectations and prioritize call loads appropriately
• Recreate customer issues when needed, using logs, system management tools, and industry standard problem resolution tools and protocols
• Create accurate, high quality documentation to include white papers, case studies, CRM updates, knowledge base content and other documentation as needed
• Active social media enthusiast and familiar with common tools
1st shift: Monday - Friday (8am to 5pm) with occasional weekend coverage
Relocation Assistance is not being offered for this role. Local candidates are encouraged to apply.
You must have the following skills to be considered:
• 3+ years VMware 5.0+ (ESXi, vCenter) experience in an Enterprise environment
• 3+ years of Contact Center experience in similar Intel based hardware environments
• Prior experience as a Level 2 support engineer in a data center, enterprise environment
• SME level technical knowledge of VMware, Microsoft, Red Hat, or SUSE operating systems
• Server troubleshooting skills, including hands-on hardware replacement (CPUs, DIMMs, fans, power supplies, motherboards, HDDs, etc.)
• Networking troubleshooting skills (Network+ or similar preferred)
• Operating system troubleshooting skills (MCSE and/or VCP preferred)
• Fluent English language skills are required, oral and written
The following skills are preferred:
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Azure preferred
• Storage troubleshooting skills preferred
• Bilingual English & Spanish (or Portuguese) skills preferred. Please let us know if you have a different language fluency.
• 4yr degree strongly preferred
• Working knowledge of Nutanix preferred
At $46B in global sales, in over 160 countries, Lenovo is a collection of highly skilled and talented people doing what we do best: producing the very best in world-class products. From personal computers and tablets, to cell phones, applications and servers. Everyone here at Lenovo is an integral part of the company, working together, across continents, cultures and innovations, all comprised in a friendly, fast-paced, work environment that focuses on one common goal: to be known as the best in what we DO. We're looking to add fresh, talented individuals who are self-motivated and desire boundless opportunities, to join us. Come share in the discoveries that are forged from our shared achievements at Lenovo as we drive the next generation in technology.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.