In this role, you will provide post sales technical support to Palo Alto Networks End User Customers via phone, e-mail and web. Strong fault isolation and root cause analysis skills are required to diagnose and solve complex technical issues and provide timely solutions to customers in a professional manner. Regularly updatingsupport cases to record progress of calls in call tracking system and documenting technical solutions and product information in the knowledge base is required.
As Sr.Technical Support Engineer, Virtualization you will be the expert on Palo Alto Networks solution offerings for virtualization environments. You will be part of a small global team of Virtualization Experts in Global Customer Support and act as the “go to” Person for customer support cases, escalations and technical queries.
- Provide Technical Support to customers, partnersand tech support engineers by phone, email and in person.
- Provide configurations, troubleshooting and best practices to customers.
- Managing support cases to ensure issues are recorded, tracked, resolved, and follow ups are done in a timely manner.
- Provide fault isolation and root cause analysis for technical issues.
- Work directly with Tier 3, ETAC and Product Management to get customer problems resolved.
- Works on public and private cloud issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Manage Virtualization cases and document escalations to be handed off to Tier 3 TSEs.
- Publish Technical Support Bulletins and other technical documentation in the Knowledge Base.
- Review of technical documentation for training materials, technical marketing collateral, manuals, troubleshooting guides, etc.
- Travel may be required to customer sites in the event of a critical situation to expedite resolution.
- Provide on-callsupport 24x7 on an as needed basis.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to peers and new hires on virtualization and cloud technologies.
- Take part on-call shift rotation.
- Must be willing to work flexible and varying shift times including weekends and eveningsas required.
- Limited to U.S. Citizens due to government requirement.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented with the ability to see the bigger picture
- Ability to work independently, as well as contributing as a team player
- Knowledge of virtualization hypervisors such as: VMWare ESX/ESXi, KVM/Qemu, Citrix, XenServer, Microsoft Hyper-V
- Demonstrable experience with AWS and Microsoft Azure installation, configuration and administration of security features and services (including identity and access management, service- related security features, networking, firewalls, encryption, and related best practices)
- 1+ year(s) experiencesupporting Palo Alto Networks Products is definitely a plus
- Knowledge of deploying third-party networking and security services into VMware NSX for vSphere