Vendavo is the leading provider of price management and optimization solutions for business-to-business companies worldwide. Vendavo solutions include comprehensive pricing analysis, optimization, price setting, and deal execution capabilities that help companies improve profits. Leading companies across chemicals, high-tech, industrial manufacturing, consumer products, mill products and distribution industries leverage Vendavo solutions to drive higher profits.
We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer who will be responsible for configuration and in supporting internal/external customers on the Vendavo suite of Price Management Applications.
• Provide high-quality technical support for the Vendavo PMM software across the globe.
• Document the communication and resolution steps for all issues in our CRM system.
• Communicating customer needs and wishes to our development and engineering staff.
• Perform root cause diagnosis using tools such as Eclipse, JVM Profiler, SQL Tuning Advisor etc.
• Publish KB articles to the online Support Knowledge base.
• Conduct weekly status meeting with the customers to provide them with an update on the issues.
• Provide management with periodic updates on escalated issues.
• 3+ years Java/J2EE or object-oriented (e.g. C++) programming experience. GNU Ant build tool experience preferred
• Proficient in SQL and XML. Very good understanding of ANSI SQL language (Select, Update statements, join tables, create a view) and writing stored procedures expected. SQL programming preferred
• Experience with deploying web applications and administrating using BEA Weblogic Server (Websphere or Netweaver or JBOSS experience a plus)
• Working experience with both Windows and UNIX environments (Solaris or AIX admin experience a plus)
• 2 years experience providing technical first-line support for API/developer and platform applications
• Good customer (L1) and debugging or troubleshooting (L2/L3) skills
• 2 years experience doing performance and memory tuning for J2EE applications.
• Ability to work with multiple time zones and 7x24 Follow The Sun teams
• Willingness to travel up to a maximum of 25% as needed