Our Technical Support Engineers provide enterprise-level assistance to our customers around the globe - we pride ourselves on providing the highest quality of support and we believe this level of steadfast commitment truly showcases the uncompromising integrity of our company.
Delivering on this commitment requires uninterrupted dedication from our Technical Support team: we are therefore looking to expand our support team in the US to work alongside the existing 5 members.
As a Technical Support Engineer you will be our customer’s advocate and be responsible for their continued enablement by becoming an evangelist for the evolving value of the Treasure Data product with customers. We will also look for your input in representing the customers’ feedback with the Product team and helping us drive and prioritize the improvements to the product. You love helping customers! You know how exceptionally satisfying it can be to solve a challenging problem for a customer, and you know first hand how outstanding customer support can make the decided difference in customer acquisition and retention.
At Treasure Data, we put a great deal of emphasis on collaboration and maintaining an open work environment, regardless of location. We believe employees should not just work but enjoy doing it - appreciating and valuing working alongside your co-workers goes a long way towards that goal and we strongly believe in ensuring that’s always the case.
If this sounds like the kind of opportunity you’ve been looking for, then we’re going to need your resume of course, but more importantly send us a cover letter giving us a sense of why you think you are absolutely the right person for this job and how you are going to meet and exceed the objectives outlined below.
Things you will do
- Know our product inside and out. Because, from the customer's perspective, you are the most authoritative source of knowledge for the service Treasure Data offers.
- Be reachable by email and live chat (and occasionally phone) for our existing customers.
- Work off our CRM portal to provide first level technical assistance based on customer needs.
- Partake in the on-call rotation to ensure the Service Level Agreements (SLA) for our Enterprise Support subscribers.
- Provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal.
- Help improve our knowledge base and documentation to reduce the team’s workload, increase the ratio of first-response-resolutions, and reduce time-to-close of support tickets.
- Follow procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to appropriate internal engineering teams, including synthesizing the step to reproduce issues.
- Prepare accurate and timely reports.
Your background and skills will include
- 3+ years previous experience in a Technical Support or a Solution Architect role for a SaaS-based product, as well as 5+ years of overall work experience.
- Self-starter, self-driven, and willing to follow-through and seek answers to ongoing customer problems.
- Ability to work independently, whether working remotely or not, as a member of a geographically dispersed team.
- You are detail oriented and will look at all the possible ways in which the customer may be affected by an issue.
- You love trying out new software and you think deeply about how things could be done better.
- Articulate and personable with strong English spoken and written language abilities.
- Solid skills with writing SQL queries and databases.
- Well-acquainted with Business Intelligence tools like Tableau, Looker, Chartio, Splunk, etc..
- Hands on familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Heroku, or other similar platform.
- Hands on experience with help desk software (eg. Zendesk).
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
We would be thrilled if you
- Have experience with Hive/Hadoop and/or Presto.
- Have knowledge of Android OS, iOS and/or Unity.
- Have Exposure to Machine Learning at medium to large scale