Technical Support Engineer
Swrve provides the market leading comprehensive marketing platform for enterprise companies to design, deliver and automate multi-channel interactions and campaigns that engage their users across email, mobile, web and OTT devices. With deep analytic capabilities and sophisticated engagement tools on top of a real-time engine, Swrve is building the next generation of marketingtechnology. Swrve combines today's biggest technology trends—mobile, machine learning & digitalmarketing—to make it simple for marketers to delight their customers.
Processing over twelve billion events daily, Swrve's Mobile Engagement Platform helps enterprises maximize engagement and monetization by empowering marketers to deliver made-to-order mobileexperiences to every customer. Swrve provides a comprehensive set of mobile-first capabilities that include audience targeting, real-time segmentation, conversations, push notifications, in-app messaging, A/B testing, predictive models, real-time data orchestration, and rich analytics across all marketingchannels. Swrve is installed in hundreds of apps across industries, such as retail, online marketplaces, media and entertainment, travel and hospitality, sports, gaming, telecom and wireless, and financial services. Swrve's customers and partners are leading brands, agencies, and technology companies—including Telefonica, Emirates, Ryanair, Disney, Capital One, Three UK, Cox Communications, Warner Brothers, .
Swrve is private, venture backed, and headquartered in San Francisco, California. Swrve has offices globally with product management and engineering teams in Dublin, Ireland, and sales, business development, and customer success in London. Announced September 14, 2017, Swrve secured a $25M D Round.
As a Technical Support Engineer, your goal is to advise, support and guide our customers on all things technical. In this role you will learn, and help create, best practices while working side-by-side with Swrve senior engineers and management. This is very much a full stack role. During a normal day you can expect to work with our customers on the following:
- handling technical customer questions via our support portal
- debugging and improving our iOS, Android and Unity SDKs
- inspecting server logs to diagnose instrumentation issues
- debugging Swrve dashboard issues
- writing technical best practice documentation
- working with our Product Team to address long term customer needs
Given the wide range of tasks, you will need to be proficient, or be able to get up-to-speed quickly, in
- mobiletechnology (iOS, Android, Unity)
- server debugging (BASH, terminal, grep)
- web frameworks (ruby)
- backend systems & databases (java, mysql)
- our feature set and space (mobile analytics, in-app messaging, push notifications & A/B testing)
If you think you have what it takes for this role, we’d love to hear from you!
We pride ourselves on providing an exciting work environment. Everyone at Swrve has an opportunity to shape the direction of the company. We value team players who are self-directed and are eager to ride and influence the next wave in mobileSaaStechnology innovation.
- Assist customers with SDK integration
- Debug technical / data quality issues
- Provide guidance on technology choice
- Admin / setup of app features
- Communicate top technical issues to rest of organization
Skills & Technical Experience
- Required: Experience with Ruby on Rails, Python or PHP
- Required: (1 or more): iOS, Android client SDK in C++, Unity.
Beneficial Work Experience
- Game development, especially on mobile devices
- Server-side application development
- High-performance, multi-threaded software development
- Hosted, large database programming
- Computational statistics analysis and visualization
Key Personal Skills
- Solution focused - strong customer advocacy and professional demeanor
- Excellent communication - clear written and verbal skills, ability to lead technical group presentations
- Experience working in distributed, international development teams of 5 or more - you understand the impact of time and distance and know how to overcome it.
- Detail - oriented and highly self-motivated personality – you find information you need to learn.
- Thrive in an extremely challenging & fast-paced “growth stage” environment.
- Travel - willing and able to travel for industry trade shows and on-site customer visits
- Education - BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree in related field, MS a plus.
Sampling of Rewards
- Opportunity to work with bright, ambitious Swrvers across the globe
- Competitive salary and equity
- Comprehensive health and dental insurance
- Public transport and fitness allowance
- MacBook Pro, monitors, standing workstations- whatever you need be comfortable
- Well stocked craft beer fridge
- Weekly catered lunch