Technical Support Engineer
The Technical Support Analyst will work as part of a team to solve technical problems and be responsible for supporting Sutherland Enterprise clients of varying levels and sizes. The Technical Support Analyst will work in a team oriented environment to solve technical problems and offer advice on ways to increase the value of the product and manage the resolution of technical issues for a distinct set of customers such as IT Directors and System/Network administrators who provide mission critical services to their company.
- Take ownership of client’s technical issues over multiple days, allowing the client to continue to talk to the same Sutherland Technical Support Analyst throughout the entire issue resolution.
- Identify and solve the issue using a variety of methods including WebEx, web interface, telephone, and email conversations.
- Provide Business to Business (B2B) technical support for Sutherland customers in roles such as IT Directors and System/Network administrators
- Answer tickets submitted by the Client organization regarding issues on software such as Windows, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, etc.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex issues relating to web and security applications requiring a broad range of troubleshooting skills related to: software functionality, application server setup, database management, data analysis, operating system configuration, system configuration, performance tuning, installation, migration, and upgrades
- Provide superior customer management inclusive of excellent communications, responsive follow through, and advocacy for customer issues within internal departments.
- Prioritize numerous issues of varying severity, and effectively manage the resolution of all issues within acceptable service levels
- Collaborate extensively with peers, Program Team, Account Managers, and members of the escalation team to resolve customer issues while actively contributing to a growing knowledge network that improves the effectiveness of our team and the information available for our customers.
· High school education required
· Post-secondary education in a technology related discipline preferred
1 to 5 years previous support-related preferred
Experience dealing with customers in a technical support environment in a enterprise environment is preferred but not required
· Passion for customer service and the ability to empathize with concerned customers
· Ability to do what is necessary to resolve customer issues
· Demonstrated ability to research and resolve problems using a variety of resources and tools
· Provide timely, effective and correct solutions and information to customers.
· To be able to work on more than one ticket at once, while not losing effectiveness
· Meet internal and client metrics, in the areas of SLA, tickets closed per month, Customer and Sales Rep Satisfaction, and other metrics as defined.
· Flexibility in work schedule and ability to participate in monthly rotating shifts when needed to meet needs of the customer and business.
· Proficient and accurate computer typing skills.
· Effective Written and Verbal Communication Skills.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Previous experience with phone support
· Experience in troubleshooting Server related issues
Working knowledge of MS-Windows Server
Working knowledge of IIS
· Knowledge and hands-on experience with any of the following: Windows Server 2008/2012, Windows XP/7, ActiveSync, Lotus Domino Server and/or Microsoft Exchange Server 07/10/13, Microsoft Office 365, and/or Novell GroupWise, Lotus Notes Client and/or Microsoft Outlook, and/or Apple OS/X environment.
· Knowledge of TCP/IP, DHCP, Network Connectivity, OSI, LAN/WAN