The Technical Support Engineer will work as part of a team to solve technical problems and be responsible for supporting Sutherland Enterprise clients of varying levels and sizes. The Technical Support Engineer will work in a team oriented environment to solve technical problems and offer advice on ways to increase the value of the product and manage the resolution of technical issues for a distinct set of customers such as IT Directors and System/Network administrators who provide mission critical services to their company
- Take personal take ownership of client’s technical issues over multiple days, allowing the client to continue to talk to the same Sutherland Technical Support Engineers throughout the entire issue resolution.
- Identify and solve the issue using a variety of methods including SSH, WebEx, web interface, telephone, and email conversations.
- Provide Business to Business (B2B) technical support for Sutherland customers in roles such as IT Directors and System/Network administrators
- Answer tickets submitted by the Client organization regarding issues on software such as Windows, Active Directory, Linux, UNIX, Solaris, etc.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex issues relating to web and security applications requiring a broad range of troubleshooting skills related to: software functionality, application server setup, database management, data analysis, operating system configuration ,system configuration, performance tuning, installation, migration, and upgrades
- Provide superior customer management inclusive of excellent communications, responsive follow through, and advocacy for customer issues within internal departments.
- Prioritize numerous issues of varying severity, and effectively manage the resolution of all issues within acceptable service levels
- Collaborate extensively with peers, Program Team, Account Managers, and members of the escalation team to resolve customer issues while actively contributing to a growing knowledge network that improves the effectiveness of our team and the information available for our customers.
- High school education required
- Post-secondary education in a technology related discipline preferred
- 1 to 5 years previous support-related preferred
- Experience dealing with customers in a technical support environment in a enterprise environment is preferred but not required
- Passion for customer service and the ability to empathize with concerned customers
- Ability to do what is necessary to resolve customer issues
- Demonstrated ability to research and resolve problems using a variety of resources and tools
- Provide timely, effective and correct solutions and information to customers.
- To be able to work on more than one ticket at once, while not losing effectiveness
- Meet internal and client metrics, in the areas of SLA, tickets closed per month, Customer and Sales Rep Satisfaction, and other metrics as defined.
- Flexibility in work schedule and ability to participate in monthly rotating shifts when needed to meet needs of the customer and business.
- Proficient and accurate computer typing skills.
- Effective Written and Verbal Communication Skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills Preferred Skills:
- Previous experience with phone support
- Linux / UNIX Command Line Knowledge.
- Experience with the Linux / UNIX / Solaris Operating System.
- Working knowledge of IIS and/or Apache web server
- Experience in troubleshooting Server related issues
- Working knowledge of MS-Windows Server, Solaris and Linux.
- Experience with Sendmail, SSH, CVS, MySQL, Perl.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with the following: Windows Server 2008/2012 Server, Windows XP/7, ActiveSync, Lotus Domino Server and/or Microsoft Exchange Server 07/10/13, Microsoft Office 365, and/or Novell GroupWise, Lotus Notes Client and/or Microsoft Outlook, and/or Apple OS/X environment, Apple sync services and how it functions, Android/iOS device support
- Knowledge of wireless networks
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, DHCP, Network Connectivity, OSI, LAN/WAN
- MS Administration Experience
- Working knowledge of system and database administration principles.