Technical Support Engineer - HQ
SAN MATEOCUSTOMER EXPERIENCE – TECHNICAL SUPPORTFULL-TIMEAPPLY FOR THIS JOBWe are seeking an individual with technical support or consulting experience to provide support services of our SaaS monitoring solution. This individual will work closely with our customers and field delivery personnel to provide break-fix support, operational maintenance, and premium support services. This position is an integral part of SignalFx's long-term relationship with its customers, and the efforts put forth by this individual will directly impact the long-term success of the relationship. In order to succeed in this team, this individual must have the passion and energy to work in an entrepreneurial and fast paced environment.
We’re making a difference in the monitoring space, and we’re looking for energetic, talented professionals to grow our team. At SignalFx, our goal is to make each individual feel valued for his or her contributions tothe company’s mission. We are looking for smart people who want to do remarkable things. We strive tocreate an environment of casual intensity where people enjoy coming to work every day. If you are someone who is driven to make a global impact and believes in a culture of mutual respect, with focus oncustomer success, then you need to join us here at SignalFx!
- Support and maintain customers who have implemented the SignalFx SaaS solution, triaging and resolving customer issues and escalations in a professional and timely fashion.
- Operational management of Platinum Support clients (e.g. helping with metrics submission, creation and maintenance of dashboards and alerting, etc.)
- Troubleshoot customer charts and alerts, underlying analytics and source metrics.
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with clients and achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Work in a startup atmosphere, doing whatever it takes to exceed customer expectations.
- Use your business and technical analysis skills and knowledge of IT environments to solve complex issues and promote best practices.
- Should be comfortable filing bugs and working with engineering to articulate problem scenarios for reproducing issues.
- Work with the product management team and development organizations to channel client feedback and solutions into future releases of the SignalFx product set.
- Collaborate with other departments in the company to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Provide operational and technical support to field personnel.
- Ability to show empathy and put yourself in the customers shoes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong to expert skills in data analysis/manipulation.
- Self-starter – able to come up to speed on complex, difficult concepts with minimal assistance.
- Ability to quickly context-switch between multiple complex work streams.
- Leverage domain knowledge and deep product skills to quickly gain understanding of the intent of a delivered solution.
- Instinctive ability to subdivide problems into basic components in order to efficiently pinpoint root cause of issues.
- Client-focused attitude — a customer advocate.
- Team player with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Hands on experience working with a variety of software infrastructure (operating systems, virtualization, database, network, security) products in production environments.
- Experience with cloud-based technologies and an understanding of modern application architecture (micro-services).
- Familiarity with SaaS based solutions and open source components - open source monitoring tools (Nagios, Ganglia, collectd, Graphite, etc.) preferred.
- Two+ years of experience working as a customer support engineer, technical account manager or sales engineer.
- Ability to write scripts, regular expressions, SQL queries, Python, etc.
- Proactive monitoring of support ticket SLAs to have zero SLA breaches.
- Passionate about helping customers.
- Ambitious and self-motivated with a high emotional IQ. Strong desire to go beyond expectations.
- Highly coachable with a strong desire to improve and grow as a professional.
- Startup experience.
- Team player.
- Experience with Linux and comfortable with command-line interfaces.
- Technical undergraduate degree.