Each employee should support the organization's mission, vision, and values: innovation, excellence, and unity. Each employee should strive to exhibit the following behaviors: excellence and competence, collaboration, innovation, respect of co-workers, customers, and vendors, accountability and ownership.
The Technical Support Engineer is responsible for providing telephonic support to internal and external customers to efficiently resolve reported issue with Marel products.
- This is a full-time position with core hours Monday to Friday, 8 hours a day, as well as a required one week a month rotation of afterhours support (24/7), weekends, and holidays, subject to change, based on business demands and customer's needs which are primary to all goals and concerns.
- Expected to travel up to 25% to customers' locations for installations or other Marel offices for additional training and to gather information on the systems to assist the Technical Support Team.
- Utilize Salesforce/Service Max and other software for case tracking/reporting
- Thoroughly communicate with all parties during the escalation of the problem through all channels internally and externally.
- Develop a thorough understanding and knowledge of mode of operation, mechanical and electrical functionality of products Marel delivers to our customers across the region. This includes understanding the key software application capabilities, functionality and tools used by Marel
- Ability to learn quickly and translate newly acquired knowledge to help resolve issues and problems reported for internal and external customers.
- Develop job aids to assist in troubleshoots for reoccurring issues and problems ,
- Other duties as assigned by Support Center Supervisor.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and be willing to assist team members to provide the best possible support to customers.
- Must demonstrate a high level mechanical aptitude
- Possess a high skill level in understanding electrical circuits, pneumatics, and their functionality in equipment.
- Be able to read and understand blue prints/electrical drawings and be able to trouble shoot using these prints.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills to assist internal and external customers in resolving issues in a timely and courteous manner.
- Extensive background in using Siemens, C's, software and functionality with embedded circuits. Networking, Linux, Microsoft office suite and Allen Bradley skills would be preferred.
- Must be able to use VPN, RDP Team Viewer and other connectivity tools for troubleshooting issues
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have a Bachelor or Associates degree in a technical field
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant technical work experience preferably in the food industry
- Must be able to perform in a high stress situations
- The technology is always changing and new equipment is being introduced regularly. Willingness to change and learn new technology a must.
- Must be willing to relocate to our office Lenexa, KS. Relocation assistance will be considered
The physical and mental demands, and work environment characteristics described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.