If you answered "Yes", then the Raytheon Systems Verification Test and Analysis Directorate (SVTAD) is interested in you. Our elite team integrates complex technology, debugging and resolving interface issues as we produce, demonstrate and deliver state-of-the-art software for areas including radars, command and control platforms, missile systems and cyber defense. As an integrator you will learn the design principles of new systems by attending design reviews to determine their architecture, operations and interfaces. As a Systems Engineer you will design specialized technical testing to demonstrate system performance to our customers, typically including live fire testing in the field. Join a world class team of Tech Support and Systems Engineers who are building defense technologies to make the world a safer place. Explore some of the systems you may be working with as a member of our team.
The Undersea and Surface Ship Programs has multiple Engineering positions to support various programs, responsibilities may include:
- Develop and execute system integration and verification plans, procedures and reports.
- Plan and schedule project tasks to successfully complete system selloff.
- Debug system issues, generate trouble reports and drive resolution to ground working with development team.
- Perform tasking in lab, office, or shipboard environment.
- Interface with Navy or other customer team.
- Provide solutions, investigate, and verify fixes for issues found during shipboard integration and testing.
- Participate in daily operation and maintenance, growth, and maturation of systems.
- Travel to support program requirements as needed.
Note: This position can be Salary Grade G06 or G07, based upon the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience, and responsibility requirements for the position.
- Experience with Naval Surface Ship or Undersea (Mine, Sonar, Submarine, Torpedo, UUV) Operation, System Integration and Test, and/or Development.
- Strong test background in all aspects of a major test program and/or understands the fundamental aspects of development and execution of a test program.
- Experience with planning and effectively executing plans and solutions on systems.
- Secret security clearance, U.S. citizenship is required.
- Experience with Naval Ship Post Delivery Test and Trials/CSSQT.
- Experience with INSURV.
- Experience working with complex software systems and troubleshootingnetwork systems.
- Experience with Naval Surface/Undersea Operations to include DDG-1000 or AEGIS.
- Experience with Naval Anti-Air Warfare (AAW) (including Missile Exercises), Land Attack Warfare (LAW), Strike, Undersea Warfare, C4I, CEC.
- Experience with SM-2, ESSM, and Tomahawk Missiles Operation or Development.
- Experience with Sonar or Radar Program Operation or Development.
- Experience with Unmanned Undersea Vehicle (UUV)/Torpedo Program Operation or Development.
- Live Fire Test and Evaluation Experience (including Total Ship Survivability Trials).
- US Naval Veteran with surface shipboard operational experience.
- Experience planning and executing shock test events
- Experience planning and leading small teams (5 to 10 engineers).
- Strong background in analytical thinking.
- Experience with DoD or foreign customers.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma, lean, and process improvement methods.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Associates Degree + 2yrs of related experience or a high school diploma and 4+ years of related experience
What's YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We're inspired by a noble mission that's shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
What We Offer: Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.