About the Position:
Network Support Engineer - Work directly with Juniper Networks customers and partners by supporting Juniper's Routing Software Applications to include IP/MPLSView, NorthStar, and Juniper's Virtual Routing Products.
Troubleshoot complex network issues and replicate customer environments and network problems in the lab and work directly with development and sustaining engineering to resolve them.
- Work with highly knowledgeable group of customers and partners. Be an escalation point for other TAC groups within the organization.
- Troubleshoot complicated software issues, replicate customer environments and network problems in the lab.
- Manage and own critical customer escalations. Facilitate, own and document communication among customers, escalation, and engineering.
- Be a customer advocate for timely resolution of the problems reported, understand the environment/network and impact on business.
- Take ownership for problem resolution, problem reproduction and escalation.
- Be a fast learner and keep pace with newer technologies
- Participate in cross functional tasks such as new product development projects, create Knowledge Base and Whitepapers.
- Help improve processes and tools.
- 2 - 5 years experience supporting / designing / implementing IP networks.
- Excellent Customer handling and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Linux Shell and Python scripting
- B.E. in Electronics Engineering or Computer Science with 2- 5 years of experience supporting/Designing/implementing IP networks.
- MPLS, VPLS, L2 and L3 VPN
- MPLS Traffic Engineering, LDP, RSVP
- Virtual Server Technologies, i.e. VMWare ESXi, KVM / QEMU
- Thorough understanding (Packet level) of:
- IP Packet flow, OSI layers
- Layer 3 - IP and related technologies (ICMP, TCP, IPSec, GRE, QoS, VRRP)
- IP routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, ISIS , RIP)
- Layer 2 technologies (Ethernet, 802.1q/p VLAN, STP, RSTP, ARP, PPP, MLPPP, LACP)
- Relocation is not available for this position
- Travel requirements for the position 20%