A leading global investment firm, managing a wide range of investment funds worldwide across multiple asset classes is seeking a Technical Support Engineer to join their team in New York. This firm encourages an entrepreneurial spirit and for people to strive for success. You will be empowered by top leaders in the industry to do your best work and propel your career forward.
You will be responsible for providing quality support services to the various groups in a fast pace financial company. This is a hands-on role requiring the ability to handle various problems with expertise and exceptional judgment while working with end-users. You must interface directly with trading business units to ensure the rest of the support team is meeting the business needs.
- Deliver high-quality support to all end-users in a courteous professional manner
- Field incident phone calls and emails from end users
- Leverage ServiceNow to manage incident and problem workflows
- Troubleshoot basic network and telecommunications connectivity issues
- Support of desktop technology and desktop applications in Windows environments (Linux desktop supportexperience a plus), including remote access tools
- Knowledge and troubleshooting skills in the Microsoft Windows OS, Microsoft Office Suite, mobile devices, printers and other applications
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are a must as well as the ability to work well independently
- Understand and evaluate end-users needs and develop creative technical solutions to meet them
- Support projects that evolve as a result of firm-wide technical initiatives
- Strong communication skills. Ensure end-users are informed of issue status through resolution; escalate to the appropriate technology teams when necessary
- 5+ years of progressive technical supportexperience in a financial institution required
- Bachelor?s degree in a related field
- Ability to direct activities of peers and others not reporting directly to the person
- Knowledge of Active Directory and Exchange desired
- Comprehensive knowledge of Windows based desktops and the key applications ? Outlook, MS Office, etc...
- Strong understanding of market data ? Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, etc. Proven expertise in integrating with Excel plug-ins, troubleshooting API broken links, effectively working with vendor technical support.
- Broad understanding of mobile technology
- Availability for night and weekend shift work as well as light travel to branch offices
- Experience in supporting servers and data centers a plus
- MCP/MCSE/CCNA or equivalent a plus