Model N is hiring a Technical Support Engineer (TSE) reporting to the Manager of Product Support. We are looking for engineers who have a passion for interacting with customers. As a Technical Support Engineer (TSE), you will be the Model N technical escalation point for Technical Account Managers in the US and will be the direct point of contact for customers who have support needs. As a TSE, you will also be responsible for building and maintaining support environments to meet the needs of Customer Support.
- The role will comprise of 70% customer issue triage, and 30% support environment management
- Build and manage Customer Support environments and databases including doing new installations, upgrades and applying patches
- Respond promptly to customer issues and questions that come in through the Model N Customer Support Portal
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve functional and technical software issues with customers and partners
- Manage multiple customer cases simultaneously and provide regular progress updates to customers with open support issues
- Ensure that all customer-related information—including case history, contact information, and installed software are kept accurate and up to date in the contact tracking database
- Regularly document solutions to issues for our internal and customer knowledge bases
- Provide root cause analysis for all key customer critical issues and log in our issue tracking system
- Proactively work with cross-functional teams to problem solve and arrive at resolutions
- Accurately identify, replicate, and document software defects and customer-requested product enhancements in the appropriate tracking system
- Perform additional tasks such as QA, assist in sales activities and consulting services as needed
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related fields and/or equivalent experience is required
- A minimum of 3+ years of Level 2 technical support experience required
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to gracefully handle difficult and complex situations. Creative, innovative, and analytical thinking is strongly desired
- Working experience in performing technical application support for web-based Enterprise Software
- Strong knowledge and background in JBOSS/Weblogic administration and troubleshooting, including clustering
- Working experience with application server deployment and configuration, Apache web server and ERP systems.
- Experience working with CRM tools such as Salesforce and JIRA.
- Strong MS Windows, Linux, VMware, MS Office skills.
- Understanding of network basics and troubleshooting
- Life Science and/or Contract and Revenue Management technology, functional domain, and relevant experience a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an ability to multi-task, demonstrate leadership and collaborate effectively