- Provides technical support to field engineers, technicians, and product support personnel who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging complex electro/mechanical equipment, computer systems, complex software, or networked and/or wireless systems.
- Responds to situations where first-line product support has failed to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software.
- Reports design, reliability and maintenance problems or bugs to design engineering/software engineering.
- May be involved in customer installation and training. Provides support to customer/users where the product is highly technical or sophisticated in nature.
- Survey Tip: In software companies this position generally interacts directly with the customer/user when the product is highly technical or sophisticated in nature, such as with systems level software where the user has a technical background.
- In a less sophisticated environment, as with many applications products where the user is nontechnical, this position would generally interact with product support personnel and potentially the customer when the customer's problem cannot be resolved directly by first-level resources.
- 2+ years of technical support experience.
- HS diploma or GED required
- 1+ years of SQL experience