The Technical Support Engineer (TSE) provides end-to-end technical support for McAfee customers and provides technical service of fault recording, diagnosis, problem solving, and resolution delivery for McAfee's premiere customer base. When a customer needs technical support the Technical Support Engineer or TSE will be the first and last person they call. The TSE will rely on their experience and product knowledge, and a clear focus on customer service to drive customer success. You will report to the Technical Support Manager.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the Role:
- Take the incident opened by the customer and troubleshoot, gather appropriate data, consult others and manage the issue through to resolution.
- Assess and understand the impact, severity and urgency of issues.
- Provide consultation to a customer for them to extract maximum value from the products by answering product-specific questions to enhance the customer experience.
- In some cases, work with a customer's technical teams to assist them in extracting the maximum value from their McAfee products.
- Participate in escalation calls with the customer, describe technical details appropriate to the level of technical capability of the audience.
- Provide technical solutions to customers for specific individual or grouped products.
- Achieve outstanding results across a range of measurements, including customer Net Promoter Score, resolution time and adherence to service level goals.
- Work with all other internal relationship management groups to improve the customer experience.
- Maintain a current level of knowledge on McAfee products and new vulnerabilities and threats.
- Aim to identify known/unknown unresolved product defects and engage Engineering.
- Participate in after-hours coverage for customer escalations on a scheduled basis.
- Your background includes 2+ years experience in a customer-supporting Information Technology environment.
- Proficient in communicating complicated issues at multiple levels, adjusting in style and content to recognize the differing needs of customer audience.
- Experience includes supporting customers in large/global scale environments.
- Experience communicating status updates to different audiences, including customers, sales, management and peers.
- Can build a solid relationship and gain confidence with customers.
- Can provide different levels of technical case documentation.
- Mentor less experienced team members. Demonstrate a passion for learning and the ability to retain and build upon experience.
- Speaking an additional language is a bonus.
- Experience in McAfee or competitor products.