ulting in intelligent market disruptions. With over 7,000 customers worldwide, Informatica is the trusted leader in Enterprise Cloud Data Management.
Informatica has strategically located Global Customer Support Centers in North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific. This Technical Support Engineer role is based in our Redwood City, CA office. Our single mission is to provide customers with world class technical support to ensure successful implementation of their business solutions using Informatica’s products.
We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer, with a proven record of accomplishment in technical field to join our Global Customer Support Organization. As a Technical Support Engineer, you will provide technical support for all Informatica products. You will be responsible for ensuring our customers' success and satisfaction with our products and contributing to their long-term loyalty. You will work closely with the rest of the Informatica support team, QA, Engineering, Solutions Delivery, Sales, and Product Management to ensure that Informatica is delivering overall superior service and support to our customers.
Our Ideal Candidate
You possess superb communication and customer-relationship skills - responsiveness, sensitivity, diplomacy - and are comfortable working both independently and collaboratively. Your advanced problem-solving skills and technical aptitude allows you to adapt to new circumstances and learn quickly when facing new problems and challenges.
- Manage customer support cases on a daily basis, including verifying cases, isolating and diagnosing the problem, and resolving the issue
- Ensure all issues are resolved or escalated to the proper resources to resolve in a timely fashion. Additionally, this individual will manage communications to customers at all levels to maintain positive relationships.
- Reproduce product behaviors to determine the problem root-cause(s), issue work-around and solutions
- Coordinate with Quality Assurance and Engineering teams to provide assistance in identifying, reporting and resolving product defects
- Understands impact of work on the feature/product/team
- Guides own work to timely and complete conclusions - Provide regular reports for management that measure the effectiveness of the technical support function
- 5+ years of experience in software support
- Experience in both of Windows and UNIX/Linux
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills.
Desirable to have:
- Experience in second and/or third line support
- Strong understanding of relational databases like Oracle, Sqlserver, Sybase ASE and IQ,MySQL
- Experience withSAP, Salesforce, Web Services, Java and Apache.
- Experience in Informatica suite of products like PowerCenter, PowerExchange, Data Quality, Cloud, etc.
- Excellent Analytical skills and strong attention to details
Informatica is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)