Do you like working on technical problems? Do you love helping customers achieve the most with a recently purchased product? Do you have the ability to see the big picture while still executing on daily tasks? Keep reading as we are looking for a Software Application Engineer to join our team here in Everett, WA.
As a Software Application Engineer you will be responsible for delivery of customization, installation, and training services, as well as customer technical support for calibration software products.
- Perform software installation, training, data import/migration, and/or software customization at customer sites or from Fluke offices.
- Respond to software application questions and/or issues by email or phone, timely and with high quality.
- Conduct onsite, in-classroom, and web-based training classes.
- Create and refine training materials.
- Perform software installation and provide consultation onsite.
- Perform data migration or data import for new systems.
- Modify software configuration and reports as required.
- Provide consultation to help customers realize full system potential given specific business requirements.
- Analyze customer needs in calibration software to ensure that business requirements are met and learning objectives are achieved.
- Provide inputs for sales to quote custom software services
- Manage and track software services funnel using a standard work tool, from opportunity, through evaluation, to implementation.
- 5+ years of experience working in the software industry, preferably in customer-facing roles like service, training, or technical support
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience required
- Demonstrated understanding of SQL and XML
- Proven track record of strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and problem solving
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, good presentation skills, and ability to explain technical products comfortably
- Experience with database design, SQL, and SQL Server management required
- Experience with Crystal Reports, HTML, Oracle, and SAP a plus
- Must be OK with travel up to 50% (mainly domestic, some international)