A Cybersecurity Support Engineer II is responsible for providing a world-class support experience to our enterprise customer base. Living our corporate values of being Trustworthy, Collaborative, Accountable, Respectful, Innovative, and Relentless, you will be responsible for assisting our customers with troubleshooting and resolving issues related to Forcepoint as well as associated third-party products, enabling our customers to stop the bad and free the good. You will utilize your knowledge and experience to interpret the customers' needs and ensure they are achieving maximum value from Forcepoint. You will be seen as a technical advisor within the team and called upon to provide assistance to other team members on issues within your area of expertise. You will actively participate in product supportability programs.
- Respond to customer cases in line with Service Level Agreements.
- Proactively identify and resolve potential problems in an effort to prevent them from occurring and improve the overall customer experience.
- Approach each case with a goal of ensuring Forcepoint products are performing at an optimal level by addressing any underlying or additional problems uncovered during each customer engagement.
- Ensure full understanding of the issue, including impact to customer.
- Gather logs, configuration details and attempt to reproduce the reported issues.
- Research the issue in the Knowledge Base, documentation and with your team members as needed.
- Recommend solutions to customers and follow through to resolution or escalate the case in a timely manner if no resolution can be found.
- Prioritize workload based on severity and impact to customer and demonstrate a sense of urgency when handling cases.
- Be accountable for customer escalations and drive them internally to a speedy resolution while ensuring that customers are kept fully informed of progress throughout the escalation.
- Document all interactions and case details within the customer tracking database, including a detailed description of the issue and any resolutions recommended.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures regarding customer handling, case management and service entitlement verification.
- Participate in knowledge sharing via involvement in technical discussions and Knowledge Base documentation.
- Create and deliver formal mentoring programs to Technical SupportEngineers
- Provide technical reviews of user documentation, product requirements documents and functional specifications.
- Act as subject matter expert with regard to specific product components and integrations.
- Provide in-depth training in areas of expertise, general product knowledge, and integration.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
You demonstrate extreme levels of accountability and are results driven; you value teamwork and collaboration; you communicate transparently and with candour, while always being genuine; you act boldly, take initiative and are comfortable taking calculated risks to achieve successful outcomes; you execute with speed and integrity, delivering high quality work product which you are proud of.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Five or more years of experience supporting business to business customers
- Hands-on experience that demonstrate knowledge of:
- Networking fundamentals (Layer 2 and 3, TCP/IP, 3-way handshake, DNS etc.)
- HTTP protocol (Structure, status codes, authentication, etc.)
- Application Support Basics (Common troubleshooting methodology for Windows and Linux programs)
- SSL/TLS protocols (Structure, certificates, initial handshake, etc.)
- Routing (WCCP, PBR, Load Balancer Fundamentals, etc.)
- PAC files basics (setup, download, basic PAC file commands, etc.)
- Packet Analysis with tcpdump and Wireshark
- Diagnosing network latency and intermittent issues
- Reading and analysing log files
- Active Directory (Domains, structure, permissions, group policies, etc.)
- MSSQL fundamentals (Management interface, accessing logs, browsing databases, simple queries, permissions, jobs, etc.)
- Information Security Concepts
- Experience supporting one of the following applications:
- Red Hat Linux fundamentals (command line navigation and basic features, file system, permissions, networking, etc.)
- Windows (Permissions, services, file system, Event Viewer, etc.)