As a Technical Support Engineer II you will be an integral member of a team responsible for quickly resolving highly technical, complex issues. Your role will be critical in maintaining the trust of our customers. You will be working directly with our customers’ technical operations teams in defining issues, resolving them, or leading a cross-functional team to drive resolutions. Y ou will actively drive knowledge sharing and knowledge creation and will author customer facing knowledge base articles. Your role will also include feedback and ideas to improve our tools and processes and actively participate within the roll-out.
* Work to resolve technical issues related to Akamai’s products and infrastructure as reported by our customers' technical staff.
* Work independently with our customers' technical teams on both pre- and post- sales technical issues. The investigation of technical issues may involve complex data analysis from Akamai's distributed network and an in-depth examination of the interaction between Akamai and the customer's origin infrastructure.
* Demonstrate leadership and work independently to resolve complex technical problems, including escalations to our product engineers.
* Develop methods and best practices for delivering outstanding service, as well as participate in knowledge sharing through the creation of knowledge base articles.
* Work as a technical resource on engineering bridges on complex issues.
* Subject Matter Expert of multiple product/services and work with engineering to ensure that new Akamai services can be supported as part of the New Product Introduction (NPI) process.
* Define, coordinate, and prioritize customer feedback and ideas into engineering requirements for future enhancements to Akamai's services. Work closely with Engineering and Product Management to implement these enhancements.
About the Team
You will be part of Akamai’s best-in-class technical support team supporting our global customers. As a member of this team you will work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver excellent Customer Support.
Required Education and Experience
Applicants must meet one of the following education and experience requirements:
* Minimum 5 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor’s degree Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, another related field or its equivalent or
* Minimum 3 years of relevant experience and a Master’s degree Computer Science, MIS, Engineering or another related field.
* 5 years of experience in technical support, engineering, IT, project management or consulting.
* 3 years of experience working with Internet technologies, standards and protocols, including DNS, HTTP/HTTPS, TCP and Web architecture and design.
* 1 year of experience with customer-facing experience.
* Programming knowledge and experience (Perl/shell scripting and/or Python/PHP preferable).
* Knowledge of common network protocols (ICMP) and tools.
* Familiarity/experience with streaming media technologies.
* Familiarity with technologies like: J2EE (using Tomcat and/or Websphere) or .NET architecture, Web Services (SOAP, XML), API’s, configuring webservers (Apache, IIS) and the infrastructure necessary to support a dynamic website (load balancers, connecting to databases, etc.), SQL and databases.
* Customer focus, acts with the customer in mind, anticipates future needs and dedicated to providing superior service.
* Strong relationship building skills, can positively influence the actions of others and works as a team player.
* Problem solving ability, creativity to "think-outside-the-box", proven track record in proposing and implementing new solutions for customers.
* Ability to manage multiple priorities, commitments and projects.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to disseminate information in a clear and correct manner to both business and technical audiences.
* Self-motivated, directed and passionate about what you do. Strives for results.