This position is a level 6/7 opening.
In this role your responsibilities will be of a technical nature with decisions made within the limits of general practices, policies and standards. Your work will involve complex manufacturing problems including the need to root cause and follow issues to resolve.
You will be responsible for equipment related to the manufacturing process. You will required to use your independent discernment.
Your responsibility may involve training others and assigning work to a small group of employees.
Other responsibilities will include:
- You will analyze and implement product or machinery designs for the best method for manufacturing processes
- You will propose and evaluate the processes for equipment in assigned area
- Direct the design, development, and/or improvement of manufacturing processes for assigned area
- You will keep regular contact with partners outside the work group
- You will provide direction to small group of technical employees
- You may evaluate or monitor expenditures for processes and/or equipment
Additional Job DescriptionJob Description
Paint Tech Support
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Lead paint process quality improvements, warranty & cost reductions.
- Set up, operation, and maintenance of Paint process automation.
- Demonstrate a leadership role in assigned area in understanding manufacturing processes, equipment, tooling, parts presentation, operations sequence/line balance, Product Assembly Documents (PADs), Engineering Change Notices (ECN's) & process control plans.
- Provide leadership in assigned area for error proofing, preventative maintenance, support of ergonomic solutions & Key Product Characteristics (KPC) activities/strategies.
- Strives to continuously improve tools/equipment Maintenance Cycle between Failure/Maintenance Time to Respond (MCBF/MTTR). Provide floor troubleshooting assistance & root cause analysis.
- Lead the Throughput Improvement Process and engage team members in identification and resolution of maintenance issues.
- Act as Production Team Leader and/or Group Leader as necessary.
- Provide spare parts, maintenance & continuous improvement strategies to the plant’s operations teams.
- Work with engineering to deliver a complete, fully integrated, safe & validated manufacturing system.
- Participate & contribute to tool/equipment development, buyoff & validation activities.
- Support production team during prototype, pilot & validation through acceleration to implementation.
- May supervise Hourly Paint Specialists.
- Fully support the team concept.
- Shift rotation required.
- Thorough knowledge of Paint Shop tooling and manufacturing dimensional processes. Supervise skilled trades and manage routine and reactive maintenance.
- Thorough understanding of planned and predictive maintenance and the Maximo system.
- Experience with Vehicle Assembly process equipment, knowledge of system engineering, software development & hardware integration.
- Highly developed oral & written communication skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills with sensitivity to other's points of view & to make contributions to the resolution of complex manufacturing problems.
- Demonstrated ability to listen to & support Team Members.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technical Degree.
- Project management leadership skills.
- Highly developed knowledge of integration plant floor monitoring systems &/or simulation techniques.
- Statistical Process Control (SPC) skills.
- Experience/knowledge of GM-Global Manufacturing System (GMS).
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement processes and competitive Manufacturing Strategies
- Knowledge of and experience with Powder coatings systems.
- Knowledge of and experience with Pre-treatment systems and Sealing automation