About the Position:
The Technical Support Engineer will leverage strong technical skills and equally strong customer service skills to confidently lead partners and customers through diagnosis and resolution of complex problems with a high degree of customer satisfaction. You will provide training to FireMon partners and customers so they can better understand the usage of our products and services.
- Effectively manage multiple issues, accurately prioritize tickets, and manage issues to ensure timely resolution through established incident and problem management practices.
- Perform initial research, prioritization, and troubleshooting of Incidents and/or Service Requests.
- Situational awareness of the dependency on business impact and urgency in determining priority levels of service tickets.
- Exercise critical thinking and independent judgment in selecting troubleshooting methods and techniques to mitigate issues
- Provide effective incident resolution with enthusiastic customer service
- Acquire new knowledge through operational experience
- Document operational experience as knowledge base articles
- Document issues which result in negative partner and customer experiences
- Guide and train partners and customers on advanced usage of the FireMon user interface and services
- Be a single point of contact for partners and customers with outstanding critical issues
- Enhance FireMon services to meet partners’ and customers’ business needs
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3-5+ years of technical supportexperience
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; excellent customer service skills
- Flexible working hours and able to work on call if necessary
- Experience with incident management tracking systems (Case or Ticket Management)
- In-depth technical supportexperience and solution design with Linux is required
- Knowledge of Windows systems administration including PowerShell and Registry
- Knowledge of networking protocols: OSI model, NAT & PAT, TCP/UDP, and HTTP
- Knowledge of networking appliances: firewalls, WAF, IDS/IPS, switching and routing – including network design best practices
- Knowledge of server logs: Unix/Linux System logs, Windows Event Logs