Technical Support Engineer - Networking
Senior/Lead Technical Support Engineer
Do you love taking on new challenges? Do you love pursuing hard-to-solve technical problems? Are you passionate about gaining exposure to extraordinary Cloud products?
Then we may have the job for you. We are growing our Frontline engineering team in Alpharetta, GA.
As a Technical Support Engineer will be supporting our NetScaler product. Why Citrix? Why NetScaler? Here are just a few reasons:
- Citrix is positioned in the Leader’s Quadrant of Garnter Magic Quadrant for ADCs.
- NetScaler is the industry’s leading web and application delivery controller that improves the performance and availability of all applications and data and provide secure remote access to any application from any device type.
- This position provides an opportunity to learn Citrix products, no Citrix experiencerequired.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities:
- You will provide technical assistance on Citrix products to customers of medium to large size, scope, and/or political complexity - via phone, email and/or remote access.
- We perform advanced problem analysis and isolate problems of moderate to high complexity, with little instruction from team leads and/or management.
- You will have call statistics such as number of calls answered, number of cases closed or issues resolved along with other established goals.
- We encourage collaboration of all types by giving you an opportunity to publish articles on moderately complex technical support issues in Citrix's online knowledgebase, and reviews others' articles.
- We documents cases, recommendations, and resolutions clearly in the CRM system, and take ownership of hot and/or more political cases called out from less senior engineers.
- May participate in weekend coverage as we have a follow the sun coverage model.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- You need to have at least 2+ years of technical support and networking experience.
- Ideally, you will have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems, or equivalent degree/experience.
- You should have knowledge of NetworkSecuritytechnologies (SSL/TLS, VPNs, Firewall, IDS/IPS).
- NetScaler does a lot with load balancing so; you need working knowledge of Load Balancers (NetScaler, F5, and Cisco CSS).
- You have experience with Network Operating Systems (IOS, CatOS, JunOS).
- We are looking for a knowledge of Layer's 4-7 load balancing and SSL acceleration.
- Preferably, you will bring knowledge of Operating Systems (FreeBSD/Linux experience: UNIX certification preferred, but not required).
- Familiarity with UNIX (BSD and Linux) scriptinglanguages (Perl, Bash, Kixtart, etc.).
- Familiarity with Debugging tools (KD, NTSD, WinDBG, etc.).
- You should be able to demonstrate an ability to reproduce, troubleshoot and workaround networking issues using the following tools: Netmon, TCPDump and WireShark utilities.