Did you always want to be part of an exciting startup with new technology? Would you find it exciting to work with high-profile customers who are responsible for some of the most successful and largest web applications? Are you passionate about helping customers and find it exciting to figure out root causes? If you want to be part of the big-data revolution we may just have what you are looking for...
Couchbase, one of the NoSQL industry leaders, is looking for a Technical Support Engineer to support the rapidly growing Couchbase customer base. As part of our customer support team you will be the primary point of contact for Couchbase customers to help them with their technical questions. Users range fromdevelopers who may have a coding problem with one of our SDKs to administrators who may need help tuning ortroubleshooting their cluster.Couchbase is a global company based in the heart of Silicon Valley with offices around the world. This position is based in our Manchester UK office, where we have a fully stocked kitchen with the best quality coffee machine and a variety of snacks. On top of the competitive salary you would receive the following benefits: company pension, private medical plan, medical cash plan, life insurance, income protection plus critical illness cover and gym membership discount.
- Work with our customers during implementation and in production of their Couchbase Server based applications.
- Troubleshoot and research customer issues. They can range from development type SDK questions to performance tuning or failure analysis.
- Reproduce customer cases for detailed troubleshooting and analysis. This may include writing or modifying code or simulating node failure situations.
- Become a product expert for customers and stay up-to-date on new features in Couchbase.
- Identify and write internal and external technical articles and knowledgebase entries, like typical troubleshooting steps, workarounds and best practices
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience in software and/or a technologically relevant field.
- Programming experience in one or more of Java/.Net/Python/C/Go/Erlang. The more the merrier.
- Strong development background working on production ready code.
- Excellent analytical skills, passion for pinning down technical issues and solving problems.
- Experience maintaining and troubleshooting Linux systems. Additional experience managing enterprise Windows systems is a bonus.
- Solid communication skills, ability to convey deep technical concepts in a simple and concise manner (both verbal and written). Strong English language skills are required. In addition, fluent French languages skills are highly desirable, any additional languages are also desirable.
- Enjoy a fast-paced startup environment.
- Some experience working with users/developers to troubleshoot and resolve issues for backend infrastructure applications (e.g. databases, application servers, Hypervisors, etc.).
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases and Linux Systems a big plus.
- Experience in troubleshooting distributed high performance systems ideal.
- Previous customer relationship experience.
- French as an additional language, would be a plus.