We are seeking a personable, highly skilled and extremely motivated Technical Support Engineer to join our corporate technology group in Kansas City. We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits in a technologically stimulating environment.
Extensive travel is required. Primary job function involves traveling to domestic testing locations to troubleshoot, expand, install, move and update test center hardware and software. Additional duties include but are not limited to replacement equipment builds and IT related projects.
Trusted by companies, governments, professional associations, certifying bodies and leading educational institutions, PSI Services delivers mission critical programs in every sector, with an outstanding track record in industries such as aviation, automotive, healthcare, IT certification, real estate, cosmetology, insurance and construction. Our software delivers over 15 million assessments and tests annually and we continue to grow. Our employees feel a sense of mission in their work which produces a feeling of belonging, professional fulfillment and a culture of winning. Join our team, where people matter. Join our company, where one thoughtful step at a time, we help people meet their potential.
- Perform Level 2 Help Desk support to diagnose and troubleshoot PCs, networking, security and business applications.
- Assist in the specification, recommendation, installation and ongoing support of various automated systems (including PCs, servers, networking equipment, communications systems, video conferencing facilities, and more.)
- Configure and build-out PCs and perform software upgrades.
- Monitor server logs, maintain asset inventory and assist with other operational checklist items.
- Install, maintain, upgrade and support computer equipment at numerous test center locations throughout the U.S.
- Considerable travel (up to 90%) and some weekend work is required.
- At least two years computer support and helpdesk experience.
- A+ and MCSE certifications preferred.
- Cisco Router experience and certifications preferred.
- Good driving record and capable of handling a 24' truck.
- Working knowledge of Windows desktop and server O/Ss, Active Directory, TCP/IP networking, security and authentication.
- Knowledgeable in MS Office applications installation, operation and support.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and clients.
- Ability to construct correspondence that is appropriate, concise and grammatically correct.
- Consistently good team player with positive attitude.
- Ability to multitask and stay well organized in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage personal travel schedule.
- Ability to take ownership and leadership in the field to ensure successful project implementation.
- Fundamental understanding of web technologies (IIS, HTML, SMTP, NNTP, ftp, etc).
- Avid interest in seeking, learning, sharing and applying leading-edge skills involved with various enterprise technologies.
- Ivanti (LANDesk) Enterprise system support skills preferred.
- Cisco Prime experience preferred.
- Meraki MDM experience preferred.
- Mobotix and NAS systems support skills a plus.