Reporting to the Senior Manager of Global Technical Support, the Technical Support Engineer is responsible for assisting customers with support requests from customers and will interact with Cofense customers assisting with questions related the use of Cofense products and engaging Cofense’s Senior Support Engineer’s as needed.
- Respond to customer inquiries via phone, email, and chats in a professional and timely manner.
- Obtain, evaluate and research relevant data to resolve customer inquiries and issues; recording detail, including actions taken, in the tickets.
- Provide technical guidance, remotely, to customers deploying Cofense solutions.
- Monitor the Support queue to ensure tickets are properly processed, coded, and assigned.
- Manage product specific support tickets through resolution and initiate escalations to Senior Technical Support Engineers, or Management, if necessary.
- Replicate, troubleshoot, and properly document product bugs and defects for escalation.
- Develop documentation, FAQs and canned responses to improve consistency and accuracy of support responses.
- On-call rotation coverage as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
The above statements are neither intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be a listing of all of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job. This job description is not a contract of employment, either express or implied. Employment with Cofense will be voluntarily entered into and your employment is considered at will. Cofense reserves the right to alter the job description at any time without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, and strong keyboarding and telephone etiquette
- Strong customer-service orientation and a commitment to achieve outstanding customer satisfaction
- Can multi-task and is able to manage changing or conflicting priorities, and multiple support cases simultaneously
- Basic Network communication troubleshooting experience
- Basic Linux and Windows troubleshooting – understanding basic partitioning, system services, standard logs files, and system commands
- Basic TCP/IP networking skills
- Basic understanding of enterprise email clients
- Familiarity with SMTP, IMAP, HTTP and other Internet protocols
- Familiarity with Virtual Environments preferred
- Basic HTML skills preferred
- Basic IT troubleshooting abilities preferred
- Basic understanding of messaging, SMTP and email hygiene products preferred
- Basic understanding of spear phishing and the risk it presents to large enterprises preferred
- Team Player who respects other’s ideas, and is an excellent listener
- Strong critical thinking skills, a problem solver who thinks “Outside the box”
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering is preferred, or equivalent work experience
- 1 - 2 years of technical support experience with demonstrable skills in troubleshooting solutions deployed in enterprise networks
- Basic IT Security and familiarity with Incident Response a plus