Every year, while Americans wait for their paychecks, more than $1 trillion of their hard-earned money is held up in the pay cycle. As a result, they accumulate over $50 billion in late and overdraft fees and turn to high-interest loans.
Our financial system doesn’t work for people. But Earnin does.
Earnin is an app that lets people get paid the minute they leave work, with no fees, interest, or hidden costs. Users simply tip what they think is fair, and receive their money in their bank account instantly.
Our team is bound together by a desire to level the financial playing field. We are a Series C funding from top-tier investors including DST Global, Andreessen Horowitz, Spark Capital, Matrix Partners, March Capital Partners, Coatue Management and Ribbit Capital.
Join us and help build a new financial system!
About the team:
- Center of Excellence (COE) is a new function at Earnin providing assistance to our support partners 24/7. The team’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- handling technical escalations from various sources (frontline agents, social media, executives), reproducing issues, reporting to the engineering team
- data analytics & reports
- tools administration (Zendesk, Lessonly, Stella, Slack, among others)
- using data and information to continually improve the agent and customer experience through better operations, programs, tools, and data reporting, tracking and high level analysis.
As a Technical Support Engineer you will:
- Handle technical escalations, reproduce and document issues (submitting Jira tickets, general SOP improvements), and work with engineering to resolution as required.
- Administer customer support tools (e.g. Zendesk).
- Manage critical customer issues and facilitate communication between customers, partners, product management and engineering teams.
- Create analytics reports and dashboards using Zendesk data (at times requiring SQL queries and API calls), understand what the data means, and based on the data share actionable updates and recommendations to management and cross-functional teams as applicable.
- Work closely with management, cross-functionally, and with key strategic partners to ensure we create and deliver effective, efficient, and meaningful supportexperiences for our customers.
- Provide continual evaluation of processes and procedures; suggest methods to improve operations, efficiency and service to agents and customers.
- Effectively communicate bugs, updates and information to support partners timely.
- Develop timely solutions to address customer issues as well as design and build agent tools to solve common problems.
- Mentor junior team members in the various technologies and processes.
- Work as a member of special or ongoing projects that are important to process improvement.
Some skills we consider critical to being a Technical Support Engineer:
- 4+ years of relevant experiencesupporting customers/partners in a complex software environment with a track-record of high performance
- Ability to maintain focus in rapidly growing and changing work environments.
- Proven ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Strong experience in developing/testing/supporting API based integrations.
- Strong knowledge and experience in some level of functional programming.
- Practical experience with SQL, MySQL, API or Oracle server required.
- Exceptional listening skills to be able to understand, empathize and resolve issues.
- Appropriate judgment in upward communication when concerned about processes, tools, the impact to agent or customer experience, or gaps around best practices.
- Self starter that delivers results in an unstructured environment; previous startup experience ideal.
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel/Word/PP).
- Significant experience using customer service software, Zendesk preferred.
- Experience as Quality Assurance Engineer, especially testing API based integrations
- Familiarity with CRM systems (preferably Zendesk) and practices
- Experience with data analytics, creating reports and dashboards
- Financial technology or bankingexperience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent
- Knowledge and experience with Java, Cloud Services, Zendesk, Microsoft Office: Excel (pivot tables and vlookups)
Availability: Able to work full-time (40 hrs/week) Monday-Sunday between 12am-11:59pm. *Accommodate working hours to an operation that provides 24/7 service.
Travel: Able to travel to other corporate locations and international delivery sites (5-10%)