Carrier is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings.
The Fire and Security Products group at Carrier develops a comprehensive product portfolio to protect buildings, people and assets; providing innovative security products that include advanced software and hardware, IP solutions, wireless communications, electronic locking systems and mobile applications, fire extinguishers, carbon monoxide and smoke detectors, and fire suppression systems. Among its leading brands are LenelS2, Supra, Onity, Kidde, Fenwal, and Marioff offering robust security and life safety systems, affordable, flexible lock and key management solutions, and fire safety equipment and systems.
Working as part of a growing post-sale technical support team, you will provide technical support to our certified system integrators and larger certified enterprise customers during the installation and servicing phase of our access control products, video monitoring systems and 3rd party integrations. You will join a growing and capable team whose mission is to provide a superior customer service experience which is a critical cornerstone of the LenelS2 product and brand.
Our Technical Support Engineers provide technical problem resolutions to certified integrators by performing a system problem diagnosis while guiding integrators through step-by-step solutions, often while connected to the live system. Solutions include, but are not limited to, resolving username and password problems, uninstalling/reinstalling basic software applications, verifying proper hardware and software set up, assisting with troubleshooting various technical issues and providing advice on implementation techniques for the more complex enterprise feature / functions. Support will be provided by clearly communicating technical solutions in a user-friendly, professional manner. Representatives will use a variety of software applications to connect to the customer’s system, connect to related LenelS2 components, examine sql database settings, and validate relevant network settings for LenelS2 devices communicating over the customer’s network. Working remotely is an option.
- Responding to and taking ownership for incoming phone calls and from customers inquiring on the installation, setup, operational programming and ongoing management of our access control (SMS) and video management (VMS) systems.
- Gather Integrator, site and system information and determine the issue by evaluating and analyzing the symptoms.
- Accurately process and record call transactions using a computer and issue tracking software.
- Efficiently and effectively escalate deeper technical issues to your supervisor and LenelS2 development as required to drive to resolution.
- Offer alternative solutions where appropriate with the objective of restoring or improving system functionality.
- Use LenelS2’s remote access capability to directly connect to the customer’s system and employ our rich software toolset to evaluate configuration and network questions posed by the integrator.
- Follow up and make scheduled call backs to customers where necessary prior to closing the case.
- Stay current with product information, changes and updates.
- Follow a career path to become an SME (Subject Matter Expert) on one or more products and 3rd party integrations in order to provide second tier level support.
- Assist engineering and product management by providing feedback from customers on bug fixes and enhancement requests and other discrepancies observed in the field with our hardware and software to constantly improve the functionality and flexibility of the LenelS2 product.
- Attention to detail with excellent verbal and written communication skills (writing sample required).
- Working knowledge of basic electronic devices, computers and related software.
- Familiarity or experience with troubleshooting techniques useful in diagnosing system software errors (will be tested).
- Solid understanding of IP networking concepts such as the fundamental operation of TCP/IP, DHCP, routers, subnets, firewall.
- Experience supporting mission-critical systems by phone with remote login capabilities.
- Positive and customer-oriented attitude and proper phone etiquette.
- A strong aptitude for troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Multi-tasking capabilities. Able to manage multiple priorities throughout the day.
- Natural team player who enjoys a fast-paced technical support environment.
- Willingness to work the occasional late night or weekend day to provide scheduled support coverage.
- An understanding of and empathy for the LenelS2 customers.
- Integrator installation experience supporting competitive integrated access control and security platforms - card readers, motion detectors, strikes, maglocks, DSMs, alarm panels
- Integrator installation experience supporting competitive video management systems including IP cameras, DVR and NVR systems from multiple manufacturers.
- Working knowledge of SQL databases
- Working knowledge of the Ubuntu Linux or related OS.
- Working knowledge of Computer and Wireless Networks and the impact of device traffic, network latency, and bandwidth on system performance.