Role: Technical Support Engineer – Helix Core
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Perforce develops DevOps tools that improve software quality and security as well as team productivity for several of the world’s leading companies, such as PIXAR, CD Projekt Red, NASA, Verizon, Honda, NVIDIA, and Johns Hopkins.
Join the Global Support Team, liaising with members from Sales, Professional Services, and Development to assist in resolving a wide variety of customer issues. You would be responsible for ensuring the success of our customers by effectively providing dependable and timely resolution to Perforce's Helix Core Version Control software and its associated products. Helix Core is the best version control software (VCS) for world-class development at scale. It securely versions all digital content — even large files — in a single repository. And it scales for large teams, handles 1000s of daily transactions, and delivers files quickly to remote users (even if they’re using Git).
- Represent Perforce as the first point of contact for customer’s technical requests.
- Review and research customer issues to determine and provide the best resolution.
- Develop and maintain technical expertise in assigned areas of product functionality and utilize it effectively to help customers.
- Resolve database and performance issues.
- Research, document, and escalate cases according to procedure.
- Provide customer driven feedback to functional areas in order to influence process/product improvements.
- Author technical documents on common issues and solutions in order to build the knowledge base.
- Positive attitude - Support engineers are required to be respectful, fair, gracious, and knowledgeable.
- Create and set up test environments to reproduce and resolve customer issues.
- Recreate customer environments to reproduce issues and experiment with possible solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar or relevant work experience
- 2 or more years’ experience providing technical support to enterprise customers
- Knowledge of C/C++ and Java and experience with PHP/MySQL
- Knowledge of Unix & Linux
- Basic networking experience
- Experience with Perforce, Git, or other version control software is desirable
- Strong analytics and problem-solving skills
- Strong debugging skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and contribute ideas and improvements
- Able to work well under pressure and prioritize accordingly
If you are passionate about the technology that impacts our day-to-day lives and want to work with people as talented and dedicated as yourself, apply today!