The Technical Support Engineer position is responsible for working with and providing advanced troubleshootingsupport for the global installed base of TomoTherapy or CyberKnife systems. In this capacity, this role will provide remote support and detailed action plans to field service engineers and customers around the globe via phone, email and text. This position will also provide critical feedback to product development teams on product improvement ideas, systemic issues, and user experience input from end users and field service teams. In addition to providing high-level technical support, this role will also improve the overall strength/knowledge of the field service team by partnering with the field service management team. An individual in this position must be able to multitask, communicate effectively and operate with a high sense of urgency.
***This position will work a weekday shift of 0700-1600CT and support the weekend on-call shift rotation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The TSE’s primary objective is to improve the performance of the global installed base which is measured utilizing complex metrics including, but not limited to: up-time, error rates, mean time between unscheduled events and customer satisfaction.
- Provide remote support and detailed action plans to field service engineers and customers around the globe via phone, email and text.
- Utilize remote diagnostic and service-software tools to ensure prompt issue identification and resolution.
- Manage escalations from the time the issue is initially reported to resolution, accurately documenting action plans and advice provided within the ERP system. This requires directing communication between the field, engineering and management to ensure that a clear path for resolution is defined and understood. Conference calls may also be required where minutes will be recorded and provided to the stakeholders upon completion.
- Work closely with EIMEA and APAC teams to manage the list of down and escalated systems, ensuring on shift ownership at all times.
- Conduct bi-weekly Technical forums with the Americas field service team to provide training, knowledge transfer, upgrades, discuss issues observed in other regions, review Technical Tips and Service Bulletins.
- Must be available at times to travel to critical sites on short notice to help support escalated issues and customer satisfaction.
- Utilize remote diagnostic tools to proactively identify system issues and report them to the field service team.
- Assist the service team with managing critical sites that have had extensive issues and/or are high visibility customers. Site travel is sometimes required to conduct system audits for systems that have performed poorly.
- Contribute to service improvement projects as a resource that will provide data, data analysis, documentation updates and/or investigation assistance.
- Promote customer satisfaction in Accuray products through ownership of issues escalated to the global technical support team, working with other team members/regions to share knowledge and working with a sense of urgency.
- Preferred or Desired
- An advanced technical degree is a plus.
- Experience with networking, Linux and common IT platforms is desired.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, FTP, RDP, and Telnet. PERL and Unix is a plus.
- Field service experience with TomoTherapy and CyberKnife products.
- Technical certificate or Bachelor’s degree in engineering or physics and at least 2 years of experience in the Medical device support industry
- Experience with ERP systems and Salesforce.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Hands-on experience with electronic test equipment including: DVM, Oscilloscope, Spectrum Analyzer, etc.
- Experience in basic administration of Windows-based computer software, including strong Microsoft Office application skills.