Technical Support Engineer 5 (Pleasanton, CA)
Technical Support Engineer
This position will be located in Pleasanton, CA
In this role, you have the opportunity to focus on delivering excellent customer care and being there for customers when they need us most. You will represent the voice of the consumer and works closely with cross-functional partners across Philips to make our products and policies better.
You are responsible for providing phone and e-mail support to end-users and administrators of Philip’s imaging products, documenting and reproducing all steps taken during problem resolution, supporting other team members for difficult issues and complex tasks, working with other Philips departments and entities to ensure service level agreements with customers are met, and providing on call escalation support for the rest of the team.
You are a part of the Philips Enterprise Imaging and Clinical Informatics Business Unit which provides a comprehensive solution for medical image storage and enterprise distribution. Our Software as a Service solution stores images for millions of patients across hundreds of hospitals around the country and helps clinicians acquire, analyze, and interpret clinical data so they have the care-specific information they need to make informed decisions with confidence.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Relevant degree in computer science or related technologypreferred, or equivalent relevant experience, with 5+ years hands-on experience supporting customers
- Technical certifications preferred
- ITIL Foundation certification preferred
- Demonstrated effectiveness of exhibiting leadership through personal responsibility, accountability and teamwork
- Proven proactive, self-starter with ability to assess complicated scenarios, determine action required, and engage appropriately to resolution
- Proven ability to write technical articles outlining problems, resolution and troubleshooting steps
- 5+ years supporting one or more Philips solution and/or technologyrequired; proven track record as a with increasing responsibility and proven to be a team leader preferred
- Proven ability to troubleshoot hardware issues quickly and effectively
- Proven ability to troubleshoot TCP/IP and difficult networking problems with customers
- Advanced troubleshooting capability on the iSite product family
- Able to work structurally and according to published procedures and work instructions
- Ability to provide escalated support forotherteam members as needed for timely resolution of issues
In return, we offer you an opportunity to learn and advance with Philips, a diversified technology company, focused on improving people’s lives through meaningful innovation. With a century of history and more than 450 innovative products and services, we are ready to meet today’s challenges in healthcare by creating solutions that deliver better care to more people at lower cost.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.